PDA

View Full Version : Destin Fishing?

JandSCattleCo
05-15-2014, 09:01 PM
We're taking a family vacation to Destin mid June and was thinking of a deep sea fishing trip.

Any advice on guides or where to fish off a pier etc?

All I know about Destin is it has a beach..........

creekcrappie
05-15-2014, 09:46 PM
They have a pier down there. It is pretty big. Forgot the name of it. They rent gear and sell bait.

Dakota
05-16-2014, 05:27 AM
The pier is in fort Walton http://www.okaloosaislandpier.com. I caught flounder off that pier on a Carolina rig but used a mid sized circle hook with shrimp. Good luck! I kept the flounder had to google how to clean them and ate them that day. Fried that is..they where awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95v6
05-16-2014, 06:09 AM
if you don't mind the drive to PCB look up Reel Addiction charters capt mickey his number is 850-768-2327.

Buccaneer
05-17-2014, 05:19 PM
Contact Capt. Chris Sheppard at Shikari Charters. I recommend and inshore adventure - http://www.shikaricharters.com/

Saltwaterwalt
05-19-2014, 07:53 AM
I just got back from the area, Gulf Shores actually, west of there. Beach action can be great if you can catch a flat day without the rollers coming in. Lots of ladyfish, blues and pompano can be caught right off the beach in the early morning. Use a heavy mono leader, as both the ladyfish and blues have some sharp teeth. Don't lip grab them! LOL

Fishaholic
06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
The party boat fishing is incredible, and family friendly. My 7 yr old had a blast even caught a 10 lb red snapper. Destin Princess is who we went on

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

CrappieMan
06-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Went to pensacola beach last month and did pretty good fishing the surf with gulp shrimp... Caught some lady fish, flounder, and pompano... I used 8lb on a medium spinning rod and had a blast (I will vouch for the teeth on the lady fish had a few break off). It was a lot of fun tho have a good trip... Oh and destin is 45 min to an hr from pensacola beach