PDA

View Full Version : Boat Carpet Cleaning

butts0907
05-12-2014, 11:47 PM
I have a PT175 and the carpet in it has gotten pretty dirty. I was wondering if there's anything special to do to clean it. I was thinking of just getting some sort of carpet cleaner and going to town, but thought I'd check and see if anyone had any suggestions.

As always, any comments are greatly appreciated!

-Paul

tkwalker
05-13-2014, 12:06 AM
I have a PT175 and the carpet in it has gotten pretty dirty. I was wondering if there's anything special to do to clean it. I was thinking of just getting some sort of carpet cleaner and going to town, but thought I'd check and see if anyone had any suggestions.

As always, any comments are greatly appreciated!

-Paul

Go to Wally World ... Purchase a gallon of Super Clean (Purple Jug) in the Auto section ... Uncut ..use a spray bottle and liberally spray on the carpet ... Note: do not spray on decals, painted items etc ... Let it soak for 5 minutes ... Get a pole brush and then wet down with hose ... Then start to work using the brush ... then rinse ... Super clean is what I used after every trip of Guiding ... It made my Fiberglass floor look like new ... and shine ... also good for removing blood and algae ... ... Make you a test spot ... and make sure you know what this stuff will do ... <'TK><:)

Buccaneer
05-13-2014, 03:37 PM
20% vinegar to water mixture. Saturate, scrub, rinse with water hose, then shop vac the excess water. Works great.

butts0907
05-13-2014, 11:50 PM
As always, I really appreciate the input!

-Paul