PDA

View Full Version : Kayak on Shark Tank.

Dakota
05-10-2014, 04:51 PM
It's basically a kayak that is in suitcase size package and flips open. Interesting to say the least. Some of you may have seen this. This video worked on my laptop but not cell phone.

http://youtu.be/8D-LhMJKL0k

Reel Tune
05-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Says not available in my Country for the video. I don't think I would be interested though

browntrout
05-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Says not available in my Country for the video. I don't think I would be interested though

In other words Jeremy is saying "You Are Dead to ME"......my favorite show. I saw that episode and wasn't impressed with the kayak. Would probably be ok for just recreation paddling.

Roy

jad2t
05-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Definitely not a fishing kayak but a cool idea. Now if only Wilderness Systems would make a Ride 115 that folds up like that but still be of just as good quality. That would be an invention!

Tnriverluver
05-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Use this link That thing is cool!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbaVS-L9hY

Reel Tune
05-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Interesting, no seams, looks rigid. It would be great for the recreational paddler on flat water and little to no wind, but I don't know if a recreational paddler will spend $1,000+ on a kayak.

I've been paddling for well over 20 years "since I got my 1st canoe", and only been really into it for the past 5 years. Over the past year or two I've seeing the paddle industry really start to boom. Not with just fishermen, but middle aged people looking for an outdoor hobby that they can do by themselves, or with others, and get some exercise.

Two weekends ago there were more than 300 people probably closer to 400 or 500 who came out to the Paddlefest in Old Hickory. I don't really know the numbers because I had to leave not long after it got going.

Last weekend we put in at a place that I had very seldom seen anyone and when we arrived there were 12-15 kayaks lined up along the bank, thankfully they were not fishing:)