PDA

View Full Version : A nice surprise on 2 lb test

creekcrappie
05-09-2014, 10:41 PM
I started twitching a bison trout magnet by the boat ramp by my house. I has been a week since I have been able to fish, and it was killing me! I caught a few smaller gills and one bull gill within the first 15 minutes. I hooked into catfish, (I didn't know it at the time), and it made a 50 yard sizzling run. I had a tough time turning it, so I put my hand on the spool to slow the fish down. It took me 5 minutes to work it back to where it was, and it decided to take 25 more yards of line. At this time I was wanting to know what this thing was. I finally got it in and grabbed the 4 pound channel. My mom brought me a bucket and I put the catfish in it. Now here comes the bad news. I went to fish a little bit away. It was not too far but the trees were blocking my view of my stuff. I went back to get my stuff and someone had stolen part of my stuff. They aparently didn't want my fish so they dumped them on the bank. They took my bucket home with them. I also had some pliers, forceps, scissors and a hook remover in my backpack that these idiots stole.:mad: But they left my asthma medicine alone. I was pretty mad because I had to walk back with a catfish in my hand. Now I know why you guys call JPP the home of the clowns.
I will try to attach the picture of the catfish tommorow.

Halli
05-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Good job on the cat, sorry about the stuff some folks have no heart but they will be paid forward.

MNfisher
05-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Sorry about getting your stuff stole. That's no good at all.

Mike

tsuggs
05-10-2014, 07:13 AM
nuthin better than landin a big fish on light line! Thieves will be paid back,the big fisherman upstairs will settle em down!

Alphahawk
05-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Sorry about your gear. Yep landing a big one is quite a thrill on 2# test.....congrats.

Regards

fisher01
05-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Isaac, congrats on landing your 4lb. catfish on 2lb. test. Way to go!!! You played him perfectly. Sorry to hear about your stolen gear.

nomad60
05-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Nice catch, Isaac, and I'm sorry to hear about your stuff. That really stinks.

After living in japan for 4 years, then in South Korea for 14, I was a little naïve about how bad the crime rate is over here but in the last few years, I've learned to accept that the good old U.S. isn't the safest place, no matter where you live or go.