PDA

View Full Version : Spring trip to Guntersville

XxthejuicexX
04-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Well.... I leave tomorrow for 4 1/2 days on the big G.I am excited but also worried that when I get there it will be chunky chocolate milk for the first few days. I figure I will call Waterfront tackle before I leave tomorrow to see what the water looks like that way I am not completely disappointed when I get there. Hopefully a good report and pictures of large fish are to follow. :confused:

XxthejuicexX
04-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Well, just called Waterfront tackle and they said the water was up about a 1' and somewhat muddy.... time to rethink my approach to fishing for the next couple days.

Pookie
04-30-2014, 10:43 AM
time to rethink my approach to fishing for the next couple days.
Once the water hits 60*, it's spook or frog time.

XxthejuicexX
04-30-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm just worried that with the high muddy waters it's going to mess things up. I had the buzzbait and frog on but I think I am going to put a big jig on.

Alphahawk
04-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Best of luck.

Regards

Reel Tune
04-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Good luck. Sore lip em'

XxthejuicexX
04-30-2014, 09:15 PM
First day and only got to fish a few hours . I lost one about 3 pounds and caught a small one. The other guys caught a few keepers. Chatterbaits and spinnerbaits. I caught a 14" crappie on a 1/2 spinnerbait and this catfish. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/01/zanesagu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/01/evydu7en.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
05-04-2014, 03:36 PM
So I had to leave early from Guntersville, my wife got sick and was having a hard time with our 5 month so I left Saturday around 2. We did not catch big numbers but we caught quality fish. 1 over 7 lbs, 3 over 5 lbs, multiple over 4 and I don't know how many over 3. My boat probably caught over 20 fish a day other than Wednesday which I only had a couple hours to fish. We flipped grass Thursday and caught good fish, I lost the biggest fish of my life at the boat when it broke 30lb braid, bad knot. That fish was probably over 7. Thursday was a good day, We all caught fish. You could catch them flipping grass or fishing ledges. Friday was a little tougher after the cold front, we started flipping grass and caught 3, lost 1 and broke one off again. Most of the fish slid out to the first drop with grass biggest 5 friday was 17 pounds. Saturday we caught real quality fish flipping docks early then throwing frogs in grass later after the sun came up. The 7lb fish came of a grass ledge around the creek channel. I broke a fish off saturday morning on 65lb braid and lost another monster while flipping docks, this week was about the missed opportunities for me. If I only learned one thing from this weekend it's change your line! don't be a cheap skate when you know big fish could be caught. Oh, we caught a lot of good size red eyes I think they were on bed.

XxthejuicexX
05-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh, and a couple cool shots from yesterday morning. The pictures don't do it justice.

XxthejuicexX
05-04-2014, 03:41 PM
And the big fish, I forgot the picture.

Alphahawk
05-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Congrats on a great trip....hope your wife gets better soon. When you say "red eyes" do you mean rock bass?

Regards

creekcrappie
05-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Nice report. Those bass look great! I was fishing a carolina rig yesterday and broke the leader off 5 separate times with 15 mono. And thats why I don't fish tungsten weights and trokar hooks :)

XxthejuicexX
05-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Yes they are rock bass. I fish tungsten and trokar and usually have no problem. I usually fish a tungsten weight that has no insert and decide to try one with an insert and that's the only reason I can think I had issues. They were cheaper but I think it cost me a few bass.

Dakota
05-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Xxthejuicexx Thanks for the report