PDA

View Full Version : Boat LED Lights

TNBronzeback
04-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Ive been eyeballing those "strip" lights that you can get off of Amazon. they are the LED and have different colors and some come with a remote for on/off. i would be more interested in the white/blue white for night fishing mainly, unless somebody wanted to rent my 14ft flat bottom as a disco party boat! LOL.
they appear to be pretty inexpensive and with them being LED they shouldnt use alot of power. Has anybody had any experience with these lights or something like them? I plan on running them around the inside perimeter of the boat and maybe a few places under the lip of the bench seats to light up the floor.
How would these LED's be with bugs at night? i have an LED front porch light and i never have bugs, but i dont know if there are certain types of LED's.

Here is an example of what im talking about.
http://www.amazon.com/Strip-light-Waterproof-Flexible-Light/dp/B005EHHLD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398803892&sr=8-1&keywords=led+strip+lights

JandSCattleCo
04-29-2014, 06:51 PM
I've used the ones similar off eBay. I'm trying to find the picture of my boat now. Green strips on both sides and inside. They work great for baitfish.

sqlightning
04-30-2014, 07:10 AM
i think it depends on the color of the light. i've got white leds on the inside of my pontoon and if i turn them on at night bugs will swarm on them. i think if you use red it won't be near as bad.

TNBronzeback
04-30-2014, 07:38 AM
Hmmmm, thats interesting. Thats the main focus of the lights is to try to eliminate bug swarms when fishing at night. i have pretty good patience and all but i cant deal with a fog of different flying bugs in my face, on my glasses, ect. LOL.
Im gonna have to do a little more research i think...
Thanks for the responses guys!

JandSCattleCo
04-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Thats why I went with Green. Bugs were horrible when I tried to use a headlamp. I'm red / green color blind, so I cant see the red, and cant really tell the hue of the green, but they're plenty bright enough to light up the boat and the water. In fact, I bought a dimmer switch off Ebay for the inside lights and wired it in. I can make them as bright or as dim as needed. Think I paid $8 for it. Its one of the best investments I've made so far. Jug fishing and night time crappie is completely different with them.

TNBronzeback
04-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Sweet! i might look into getting a roll of the multi-color lights and test out the different ones on the water. i guess it dont have to be the white light, as long as i can see what im doing. the roll i seen was cheap so i might get that and any little accesories i need too!

sqlightning
04-30-2014, 12:02 PM
also, red light does not mess with your night vision as bad. your eyes don't have to adjust the way they do for white light at night.