PDA

View Full Version : limit at Lake Shelbyville, IL

fleschs
04-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Caught my limit during the family memorial tourney. Second place overall. It was a great bite. Had a crappie samich for lumch today.

Fish Whisperer
04-29-2014, 01:17 PM
I haven't fished on Lake Shelbyville in over 20 years... Many good times there.

Have you ever fished Lake Sara in Effingham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
04-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Nice catch. I have been reading for several years how good Illinois is for crappie fishing.

Regards

Fish Whisperer
04-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Nice catch. I have been reading for several years how good Illinois is for crappie fishing.

Regards

They have the numbers, not the size we have here.. You would probably slay em with your CM/TM technique..

Reel Tune
04-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Congratulations on second.

fleschs
04-30-2014, 10:27 PM
I have fished lake sara but not in years. Its not too bad, my dad goes there alot (retired). The lake shelbyville fishing is waaaayyyyy better than it has been in the last 5 years. The water is now managed by a different group. We go there once a year for crappie. We threw very few fish back as most were 10in+. We actually had to start throwing overs back to fill our under limit. I'd say the avg size was 10.5. The largest was 13.5. All looked very healthy. It's no Grenada or Reelfoot but it is definitely improved and looks to be on the rise. Evenings were great from 330 to 7. The boat had all 4 poles down at one time. Nobody to grab the net! That made me smile for days.

*edit, family tournament does not allow culling, that should explain better why overs were going back in....what can I say, my uncles and cousins cheat.

lupanfreitag
05-03-2014, 04:56 AM
Once my friend was fishing a jib below the dam and caught a 40 inch musky.
It is a cool lake... and dam.

Fish Whisperer
05-03-2014, 04:45 PM
I had a musky on below the dam but didn't have a steel leader and lost him.