PDA

View Full Version : Kayak For The Cure online tournament

jad2t
04-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Most of you kayak fishermen may have seen this event already on Facebook but for those who haven't, I thought I'd share.

http://www.chattanoogabassyakkers.com/#!kayak-for-a-cure/c1rf9

One of many things that makes the kayak fishing community so awesome is the charity tournaments held. In this case, one of our fellow yak fishermen's daughters has been diagnosed with Leukemia and this tournament is being held to raise money for her treatment. The rules of this one are interesting. ANY body of water in the state of Tennessee is eligible be it a river, lake, or farm pond that only you have access too. You must be in your kayak when you catch the fish though. All black bass species eligible and AMI calculation is used. What that means is an 18" Smallie or Spot is worth more than an 18" Largemouth.

This tournament runs for the entire month of May. Anytime, any day for the month of may, your bass are eligible. Your two largest bass are counted for prizes. CPR format, identifiers are sent out upon payment. Any other rules/details can be found via the link above.

Some great prizes have been donated as well. Let's be honest, we're going to do a lot of bass fishing anyway, we might as well make it toward a great cause!

Reel Tune
04-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Sarah and I are signed up. This is for a great cause, thanks for posting Jimmy.

MNfisher
04-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Great! Will be signing up!

Mike

Keep livin' the Dream!

jad2t
04-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Jeremy - can this be a 'sticky' so it doesn't get washed down the list? I don't want anyone to not see this.

browntrout
04-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Thanks I was not aware of this. I just signed up. Great cause!!!

Roy

jad2t
04-30-2014, 08:28 AM
So far there have been 103 registered out of the 209 "attending" on facebook. We can do better than this. Come on folks, you know you're gonna fish a bunch during May anyway, might as well do it for a good cause!

I plan to make two special trips for this event. One to Williamsport and one to Chickamagua. Any yakkers either in this tournament are welcome to join. It's gonna take some large bass to win a prize in this event and the larger bass I sometimes come across in JPP are only in the 16-19" range. Time to chase those 20+ inchers!

Jdkxtreme
04-30-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm signed up.

bfish
04-30-2014, 09:41 AM
I am in.

Reel Tune
04-30-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm in. It's really amazing to see one community pull together so well. Proud to be an angler, and in the kayak community.

browntrout
04-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Does anyone know when we will get our identifier?

Roy

bfish
04-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know when we will get our identifier?

Roy
Corey has it posted (word, pfd, etc) on Chattanooga Bass Yakkers website, assuming you have paid/signed up already. Just print it off and use.