PDA

View Full Version : Some more JPP bass

creekcrappie
04-22-2014, 10:24 PM
I got some today, but they were slower and I had to work harder to get them. I ended up with a grand total of 15 bass. Most of them were in the 12-14 inch range, but I managed 3 that were larger that 15 inches. The biggest was 17 inches. I caught most of them slow dragging a texas rigged creature around in 2-4 fow. My confidence color was green pumpkin magic, but my brother was using watermelon red. My most productive creatures I used were zoom 6 inch lizards and zoom baby brush hogs. Right at the end was when the 3 bigger ones hit. I caught them on white flukes rigged weightless texas style. My brother caught one on a pop r that was his first topwater fish. Can't wait to get back out there and practice some more hooksets! I will attach some pics tommorow.

fisher01
04-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Way to go Isaac. Those schooling bass are a lot of fun to catch.

FloatNFish
04-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Sounds like a blast! Been a fun spring so far.

-Alex

jad2t
04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Issac - My go to technique before I had my kayak was weightless flukes on JPP for bank fishing. I had a honeyhole I'd fish after work in the Spring since I'd have 2-3 hours before dark and all I would bring was a rod, hook removal tool, bag of flukes, bag of hooks. That's all I needed. Watermelon/red flakes worked best. Not one time did I get skunked but I never found any bass in the 15-17" range there. All 10-14" but still a blast. Glad you're enjoying it!