PDA

View Full Version : Trout magnet 6.5' sore lip'em

TNhunter
04-21-2014, 06:47 PM
What are your thoughts on this rod? Is it considered light or ultralight or super ultralight? I'm not wanting a super noodle feeling rod. I'm wanting to use it as my lightweight setup for trout, panfish, and crappie. I will be pairing it with a 6925 Pfleuger President.

tcintn
04-21-2014, 07:15 PM
I know I can be partial toward T M and their products,however,I started out with the 6 1/2' rod and used for over two years until the 9' rod became available.I still have two of them which I still use on occasion and I loan them out.:)
Can not go wrong with one for the price. Also, they are one of the top selling items at T M.

CRobinson1985
04-21-2014, 08:43 PM
I had one and loved it. Its an ultralight but it has backbone to it. I lost mine when it snagged on a tree during a cast and broke in two pieces.

TNhunter
04-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know how it compares to the Diawa Spinmatic?

creekcrappie
04-21-2014, 08:55 PM
I love these rods. They don't have to much buggy whip action but they are not broomsticks. I use them for panfish and trout.

TNhunter
04-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Didn't go with the Trout Magnet after all. Instead I picked up two 7' Daiwa Presso (4-piece travel rods). It will serve the purpose of a trout rod when needed and will also serve as my lightweight pack rod. Just got it delivered today so haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Alphahawk
04-26-2014, 10:40 PM
I have the 6' 6" Presso 2 piece. Of course you can't compare an eighty dollar rod to the 39 dollar Trout Magnet rod. The Presso is well made and I ordered it sight unseen. The action is whippy even though it is a fast action. I really like the handle. I have used it some but it might sit in my rod rack more than I will use it.....really need to give it more of a work out to make up my mind. I have tried many UL rods but the Phenix Elixir is the best I have used....IMHO. It sure is a joy to fish with. If I come up with some extra money sometime would love to try the Phenix Iron Feather.....to see the tip of the rod move as a fish hits it instead of feeling the bite is something I would like to experience. You can take the tip of that rod and bend it until it touches the butt. Let us know how the 4 piece works out.

Regards

TNhunter
04-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Took them to the lake today. Fished mostly with our larger poles for bass but spent about ten minutes with the Presso throwing 1/16 oz crappie magnet double cross jig. My son caught one 10" crappie on his second or third cast. I didn't catch anything. We both like these rods and will definitely enjoy throwing the lighter baits for crappie or trout with them. Can't wait to hit the Caney Fork with this pole.