PDA

View Full Version : Centerhill and maiden voyage

browntrout
04-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I took my new Native Slayer propel out today for its maiden voyage. I am in love with this kayak. Super stable, lots of storage, plenty of room, propel drive is awesome and reverse is as they say a game changer.

Fished Centerhill pretty hard today and didn't do too good. Water temperature was 58 to 60 degrees. Smallmouth haven't moved up onto spawning flats yet. My guess would be any day now. May try the Caney with the new kayak tomorrow.

On a side note the wife and I are staying in one of Joels (Caney Fork Outdoors) cabins and they are really nice. If you want a nice place to stay for a few days I highly recommend them.

Roy

SAMBOLIE
04-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Looks really good Roy.

Looks like you could live in it if you get thrown out of the house.

Slacker
04-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Looks like a very nice ride.

commdd
04-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Very nice! is that the transducer mount hangin off the left side?

browntrout
04-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Very nice! is that the transducer mount hangin off the left side?

Yes it is attached to a Yak Attack Cellblok. I love that set up. It is all self contained. The battery is inside the box. Attaches to the gear track. Very simple and clean.

Roy

Slacker
04-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Did you test it out to see your top end and average cruising speed?

browntrout
04-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Did you test it out to see your top end and average cruising speed?

Going 4 MPH was very easy and comfortable. The wind was really blowing and if I went any faster than than that into the waves I started getting some splash over the front.

Roy

Slacker
04-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Sounds good to me.

creekcrappie
04-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Looks good roy. I'm glad the water is starting to warm up there. Two weeks ago it was 50.

Reel Tune
04-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Congratulations Roy, that is one good looking vessel.

Alphahawk
04-04-2014, 09:33 PM
No doubt about it....a sweet ride. While I could see one of them in my future I would also have to have a different trailer....one much lower to the ground. Jeremy had the ideal trailer for those heavy boats....I think olddognewtrick has it now.

Regards

Reel Tune
04-04-2014, 09:58 PM
I gotta Yakima Rack N' Roll now and not looking back. The best investment I've made yet. Olddognewtrick has my Magenta, it was a good trailer, but the Yakima is just plain awesome, easy to store, very lightweight, no jack needed even with kayak on it. Only down side is sealed non-replaceable bearings, or I haven't found the bearings yet.

XxthejuicexX
04-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Very nice yak! I love the pedal trolling motor.

nomad60
04-05-2014, 06:55 AM
That is a nice looking ride. Kayaks have started getting popular here as well since Clarksville built the Blueway access point. http://clarksvillenow.com/photos/clarksville-blueway-opens/

Travis C.
04-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Looks great Roy.

Those cabins are really nice. We stay in one later in the year sometimes after the campground closes. Didn't get to last fall though. Great deal and worth it.

Did they finish they finish the steps behind them to the river?