PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory 3/30/14

nailman_83
03-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Fish yesterday from 1:00-6:30. Took some buddies of mine in another boat and showed them a few spots to fish.

In my boat we caught 54 (probably more cause I forget to hit the clicker sometimes) and kept 26. Almost all the fish we threw back were keepers.

The other boat kept 29 an and threw back about 15-20. In total we kept 55. 2 fish were over 15" and 6 more were over 14" and probably 10 other were over 13". Only a few fish under 12".

All fish were caught in 25-35 fow on minnows except a few being taken on twister tails.

MNfisher
03-31-2014, 10:09 AM
Great slabs! You have then figured out, well done.

TNBronzeback
03-31-2014, 11:04 AM
thats a good haul of filets right there! nice fish!

FlipaYak
03-31-2014, 11:26 AM
Nice mess of fish. I've struggled on OH to catch much of anything.

chaseasl
03-31-2014, 01:17 PM
great mess of fish

FlipaYak
03-31-2014, 02:34 PM
I can count on one hand the number of crappie I have caught, but the thing I find interesting about your report is that you are catching them in 25-35 fow. Is this because on a lake like OH crappie will be in various stages of the spawn, with some up shallow and some still deep, at this time of the year?

nailman_83
03-31-2014, 04:19 PM
I can count on one hand the number of crappie I have caught, but the thing I find interesting about your report is that you are catching them in 25-35 fow. Is this because on a lake like OH crappie will be in various stages of the spawn, with some up shallow and some still deep, at this time of the year?

Honestly, I don't know. I just started crappie fishing this year. The bait has been deep so that's were they are. Haven't seen much shallow.

hotwielen65
03-31-2014, 05:01 PM
I got on the water Saturday morning around 10, on land it didn't seem to windy but on the water it was a whole different story. I put in at Saunders Ferry and was hoping to spider rig in Drakes creek but the wind was coming straight out of the cove, I turned around and tried to go towards the dam but had waves almost coming over the bow of the boat. Wound up putting the lines out and drifting with a sock in 20 to 25 fow and caught two short fish before I called a day. I was hoping to fish the old creek channels on the lower part of the lake but mother nature was not having that at all. I'm hoping to get on the water Tuesday after work before I go on a traveling run ending the 11th of April.
My grand daughter had a birthday Sunday so fishing was out of the picture but in the back of my head (OK front of my head) I thought you would be out there. I would like to hook up with you sometime, I'm new to spider rigging and would like to talk some about techniques.

Have a good one,
Ray

nailman_83
04-01-2014, 08:37 AM
I got on the water Saturday morning around 10, on land it didn't seem to windy but on the water it was a whole different story. I put in at Saunders Ferry and was hoping to spider rig in Drakes creek but the wind was coming straight out of the cove, I turned around and tried to go towards the dam but had waves almost coming over the bow of the boat. Wound up putting the lines out and drifting with a sock in 20 to 25 fow and caught two short fish before I called a day. I was hoping to fish the old creek channels on the lower part of the lake but mother nature was not having that at all. I'm hoping to get on the water Tuesday after work before I go on a traveling run ending the 11th of April.
My grand daughter had a birthday Sunday so fishing was out of the picture but in the back of my head (OK front of my head) I thought you would be out there. I would like to hook up with you sometime, I'm new to spider rigging and would like to talk some about techniques.

Have a good one,
Ray

I'm open to talk whenever. You can send me a PM or meet up at Walker's or the lake. Just say when and if I'm available I'll be there.

You can never have too many friends on the water to share info with.

crappiechaser
04-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Nice day of fishing. Were You fishing drop offs or beds?
Thanks for Your report.

nailman_83
04-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Nice day of fishing. Were You fishing drop offs or beds?
Thanks for Your report.

Creek channels. They are schooling up more now. Caught 2 true doubles.

Alphahawk
04-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Nice bunch of fish...congrats.

Regards