PDA

View Full Version : Bass set ups suggestions needed

wordty
03-03-2014, 02:43 PM
For all you who like giving input /advice and wisdom, here is my situation that I want to nail down during this Bass Pro sale. I boat fish and do a little wade fishing. No thick or heavy mats. Trying to round out my gear with 6 set ups. I need a rod for the 7.0.1 and line suggestion for the Mettle and input on if the KVD Casting Rod is a good bet (I have one that I can return to Bass Pro where I have gift cards)...I just got that rod on clearance for $69.99. I am also open to any suggestions as to which baits are a sure bet to be thrown on which rigs. Please don't suggest rods that I can't get at Academy or BPS as I have lots of credit at each.

CASTING:
1) 7 foot Medium Vendetta - Medium Fast tip with 6.4:1 Pro Qualifier - 12 pound fluoro

2) NEED A ROD FOR THIS REEL -7.0:1 KVD Burner - 50 lb braid - frogs /jigs / flipping / pitching (looking at about a 7'3" to 7'6" m/h or heavy?)

3) KVD Signature Series 7 foot medium casting rod (I can return this still if I change my mind to something else like a BPS Crankin' Stick based on suggestions...I don't throw real deep cranks) - BPS Pro Qualifier 5.2.1 with 12 lb fluoro

4) 7 foot Medium Vendetta - Medium Fast tip with H20 Mettle - NEED LINE SUGGESTIONS FOR TOPWATER (Hula poppers, spooks, Pop'rs)

SPINNING:
5) 6'6" Medium Vendetta with Fast tip - Sahara 2500 - 8 lb mono

6) 7 foot Medium CarbonLite with Symetre 2500 - 20 lb braid with fluoro leader

Mr.Duk
03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Apr @ bps.

thehick176
03-03-2014, 03:47 PM
I fish jigs about 80% of the time and I use the 7ft Veritas MH action with a Quantum Accurist 6.3:1 ratio. I have the 7'6 heavy action Veritas but honestly think its almost to stiff.

Down4ttown
03-03-2014, 03:55 PM
I would stick with a Crucial at BP. Get the shimano warranty and a damn fine stick.