PDA

View Full Version : G-vile 3-1&2

XxthejuicexX
03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
So it was a rough weekend. A cold front pushed through friday in north AL and I think that hurt us. We fished shallow for the most part on day one and caught a few on some flats in the backs of creeks but no keepers. Today started out cold again but we changed strategies thinking the fish may have backed out because of the colder weather.... Within 5 minutes of fishing I had one in the boat and my parter lost one. Thought we had it figured out, NOPE! We struggled all day, catching 3 keepers and a few other small fish everywhere from shallow flats to creek channels. We checked out some of the places that were fished in the classic last week and it was crazy, one stretch of rip rap had 5 boats on it at one time with 4 more sitting around the bridge. I love G-ville but by God when she does not want to cooperate it is frustrating. I have some not so impressive pictures of fish plus a cool sonar/Down Imaging shot of a tree. Oh, and yes I am not in any pictures I caught no keepers all weekend just the most fish, small but the most :D Had to edit, all fish caught on jerk baits, rattle traps, 6XD and shaky heads.

creekcrappie
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Glad you got to see the spring creek bridge where Randy Howell won it. I just got back from bass pro and I met him and Chris Lane.

Alphahawk
03-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Nice fish.....what were water temps?

Regards

XxthejuicexX
03-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Nice fish.....what were water temps?

Regards

50-55 depending on what end of the lake.

Alphahawk
03-03-2014, 01:56 PM
50-55 depending on what end of the lake.

Thanks Juice.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
03-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Glad you got to see the spring creek bridge where Randy Howell won it. I just got back from bass pro and I met him and Chris Lane.

It was crazy to see the amount of people that were fishing every bridge and piece of rip rap. I mean usually you have a few guys on the bridges and rip rap but not like over the weekend.

Alphahawk
03-03-2014, 07:43 PM
It was crazy to see the amount of people that were fishing every bridge and piece of rip rap. I mean usually you have a few guys on the bridges and rip rap but not like over the weekend.

Were they fishing for crappie?

Regards

XxthejuicexX
03-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Were they fishing for crappie?

Regards

Maybe one or two fishing for crappie but most were fishing for bass around the bridges with A rigs. I actually found a few spots I think were holding crappie in browns creek while bass fishing.