PDA

View Full Version : fish dinner and Grand Opening

walkersbaitandtackle
03-02-2014, 01:03 PM
On March 15th from 10 am till 2 pm (or fish runs out) we will be having our grand opening with a free fish dinner with white beans, cole slaw, hush puppys, and taters. We will also be having a door prize drawing at 3 pm. So all you fishermen come on by, we look forward to meeting everyone. Walkers Bait and Tackle,105 Sanders Ferry Rd, Hendersonville Tn 615-568-2658:)

Halli
03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Sounds great I may beach in that little cove next to ya and slip in.

Build us a small Boat dock there..haha

pitbull
03-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Sounds great!

creekcrappie
03-02-2014, 09:04 PM
I hope I get to come! It was great meeting you guys last thursday!

tacklemake
03-03-2014, 01:28 AM
I will be there like always to help out.................woody

Tennoutdrsman
03-06-2014, 05:47 AM
Me and my Family will be there to help out and tell a fish story or two..:p

walkersbaitandtackle
03-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Sounds great I may beach in that little cove next to ya and slip in.

Build us a small Boat dock there..haha
I sure wish we had a boat dock back there it would be mighty handy! But come on by and join us......

walkersbaitandtackle
03-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Me and my Family will be there to help out and tell a fish story or two..:p
Sounds good come on by we look foward to it!

walkersbaitandtackle
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I will be there like always to help out.................woody
Woody you are great thank you for all you do ,we really appreciate it more than you no.

walkersbaitandtackle
03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I hope I get to come! It was great meeting you guys last thursday!
It was my pleasure you are a one of a kind! I hope you always enjoy fishing, so so much out there to learn about it. It is a great sport always enjoy it.

tkwalker
03-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Mr. Walker , I am looking forward to the Grand Opening ... Also looking forward to meeting You and some of our Great FishingTN.com members again ... (PS... Don't trust anything Tennoutdrsman; His Dad known Known as little Indian ;says He is a fisherman and speaks with forked tongue !!) :eek:... ... PS.. On The Home Page ... The right hand picture is Tennoutdrsman's Dad Holding a trophy on one of our trips about 13 years ago ...

My schedule dictates my arrival ... hopefully around noon (12:00 to 1:00 PM ) ... Looking forward to it ... <'TK>< :)

Tennoutdrsman
03-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Hahah.We've Been "BUSTED"..Maybe you guys can talk my Dad into fishing again..PS He HATES catfishing,lol..Bass is the only thing for him..But has been known to Catch a Big Striper as well with a lil Help from TK..LOL! :)

Cajun Vol
03-08-2014, 09:12 PM
I am hoping to make it out there. I would love to meet some of the locals!

tkwalker
03-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Folks lets don't forget about Walkers Bait and Tackle This Saturday ... From what I have been reading it looks like a lot of fish has been donated for the fish fry !!! ... Probably more fish that can be eaten/ ate/ sucked down/ devoured or nibbled upon !! ... ... Sounds like Fun ... It seems a lot of members are going to be there ... Good times for all !! <'TK>>< :)

Alphahawk
03-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Stopped by Walkers today and said hello and bought some of Woody's jigs. Was up at HOOK1 and decided to go over.

Regards

Halli
03-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Tried to troll down to the little cove next to Walkers but got green and stopped.

I thought they dredged the channel a few years back anyhow I will stop in some other day...Cheers!

jaysouth
03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
The food was great! Thanks for putting this one on. Good luck.

Who was it that told me about a 6 pound crappie 'getting away'? I got distracted before he could tell me where he was fishing.

creekcrappie
03-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Yes the food was awesome! Thanks for doing it guys!

SaltySportsmanTV
03-15-2014, 10:38 PM
*The little time I had to spend there this morning, I had a fantastic time!

*I got the opportunity to meet new anglers and connect new faces to names on the FishingTn forum.

*I look forward to the new future friendships I made with the fishermen and anglers I met!

*Nothing but great thoughts,Big smiles:D, full stomachs, good coffee and fantastic memories both made and future to come from this GRANDOPENING!

*Finally HUGE props and thank you to the fantastic family the Walkers!!!

*Note: Keep your eyes out for SALTY'S invention "THE SALTY STATION" will be released and sold at WALKERS BAIT AND TACKLE coming soon!

May God Bless you all,
><SALTY>

tkwalker
03-15-2014, 11:07 PM
I met Dave and Deb owners and operators of Walker's Bait and Tackle in Hendersonville ... Dave a heck of a nice guy and the shop a fun place to visit if you just want to stop by and tell fish stories ... Now Deb is the real Brains and Beauty of this operation ... If you don't believe me just look at the following pic's and "YOU BE THE JUDGE " !! LOL !! :eek:

The Boss and I arrived around 1:00 PM and there was quite a crowd . Which actually kept coming and going all afternoon ... I think for some the little Tummies got full and some where couching out on the Lake bank !! ;)

Dan of "Fishing Affliction" dropped by took some pic's and video's that he is going to air ... And I must say a Heck of a Nice Guy !! ..

Ran into a number of our members ... and their wives ... First Met Susi and the Baby right off ... "Where is Merv I ask " ?? He's fishing ... Why not !It was a Beautiful Day ... Isaac, Woody, Jaysouth And a number of others that this old brain just could not remember all of there names, especially we recognise user names like Sambolie and Agelesssone ... Now really what kind of names are these ??? LOL !! :eek: And really you don't want to put a face to these names !! .. UGUUUUUULY !!!

Rambled enough ... Here some pic's over a couple of hours ... I did not think to get the Camera out when you didn't have a place to stand or sit ... But I guess I was just walking around enjoying myself ... Congrats Dave and Deb for a very successful "Grand Opening" and all of the members that I am aware of ... Merv, Woody, Randy for supplying a great mess of fish ... Yum, Yum !! ...... Remember you only have one life on this Earth ... Not Nine ... That PFD will Save that One !! .... <'TK>< :)

tkwalker
03-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Here is a few more pic's of a great day .... <'TK><

thehick176
03-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Great pics TK! I would have loved to be there but I was out on the water. I've been in conversation with a lot of people about the website from the decals on my boat. Twra stopped me today and he even asked about it! He said it sounds like we need more sites like this one.

creekcrappie
03-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Great pics TK!

Heiny57
03-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Looks like a great time. I also was fishing, I don't get much time to go so when I can , I do.
I hope for great success to the Walkers.

Tennoutdrsman
03-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Great food and Great Company! We stayed from 10am til 12:30 and My Son Casey was wanting to head up to Lebanon to get ready for his Juvi hunt next Saturday..So I missed TK(Sorry TK!) but met some New friends and Faces from this board.:)

Jim
03-16-2014, 12:00 PM
My son and I went to one creek for some fishing in the morning and then stopped by Walker's Bait and Tackle around lunch. We had some good food and talked to some nice folks. I saw Woody and said hi, but he was cooking so we didn't get to chat much. The owner, Dave, and he showed us around. It is a nice store with a bunch of good baits!

We were only there for a short time as my boy was a little shy with all the new strangers around. We probably left right before TK got there as I saw a bunch of the same faces in the crowd.

Glad to have another good tackle shop in the area,
Jim

tacklemake
03-16-2014, 12:49 PM
It was a great day with great friends all pitching in to make it work and my thanks also go out to the folks who came to the grand opening. We fixed a good 80lbs of fish filets and hush puppies, deviled eggs, cole slaw, potato salad for everyone to eat and they did. I also want to thank the Walkers for a really great place shop and chat..............woody

Alphahawk
03-16-2014, 12:49 PM
I dropped by earlier in the week as I was up at HOOK1. Nice bait and tackle store. I was getting ready to order some Lindy marker buoys on line but she had one so I bought it and some of Woody's micro jigs. Wish Colombia had a decent bait shop......at least Laurel Hill is reasonably close for me and the spots I fish. Hendersonville is fortunate to have such a shop.

Regards

SaltySportsmanTV
03-16-2014, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLAgqK4SRhE&feature=youtu.be

creekcrappie
03-16-2014, 02:18 PM
I dropped by earlier in the week as I was up at HOOK1. Nice bait and tackle store. I was getting ready to order some Lindy marker buoys on line but she had one so I bought it and some of Woody's micro jigs. Wish Colombia had a decent bait shop......at least Laurel Hill is reasonably close for me and the spots I fish. Hendersonville is fortunate to have such a shop.

Regards

I think every city needs a great bait shop like Walker's. Super nice people.

Tennoutdrsman
03-16-2014, 05:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Tennoutdrsman/001_zpsc2466d50.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tennoutdrsman/media/001_zpsc2466d50.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Tennoutdrsman/002_zpscd9fa72d.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tennoutdrsman/media/002_zpscd9fa72d.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Tennoutdrsman/005_zps54147d91.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tennoutdrsman/media/005_zps54147d91.jpg.html)

Me and David Walker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Tennoutdrsman/007_zps9c71dac4.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tennoutdrsman/media/007_zps9c71dac4.jpg.html)
Good Food and friends!

SaltySportsmanTV
03-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Great Pics! "Tennoutdrsman" Also fantastic meeting you your father son and family!

walkersbaitandtackle
03-17-2014, 08:34 AM
We cant start to think everyone enough for a great turn out for our grand opening. I counted 232 tickets that was turned in for the door prize drawings so I guess there was at least 300 people threw the doors. Congrats to all our winners! We could have never have made this happen without the wonderful folks of Hendersonville, all the great fishermen that donated every piece of fish cooked, "what a great group of guys" even Issac " creekcrappie" donated fish, what a great young man, just love this little young fisherman. I would like to give a special thank you to Woody, Ed Lane, George Huff, John Hood, Ted, Marvin, Marty, Linda, Rodger, Kenny, & Brian for helping us with EVERYTHING what a wonderful group of friends we have made we are so blessed to no such generous and loving people. Thank you to TK Walker for sharing our day, it was great to meet you in person, come by any time.
Sincerely Blessed, David & Debra Walker

fuzzypops
03-18-2014, 09:01 PM
thanks for a wonderfull place to hang out. good people, grate frends, good times too come................