PDA

View Full Version : Normandy 2-28-2014

Alphahawk
02-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Had a great day over at Normandy today with between 50-70 trout caught. I pretty much had it to myself except for one fly fisherman and he did not stay long. The water was a bit high but I used a 5mm tungsten jig head with a Milie colored Trout Magnet body on 2# test line with 2# test fluorocarbon leader. When I arrived I thought it would be a bad day as a massive shad kill was going on. But it was a lot of fun to feel the fight again. Some of the stockers were decent size chunky fish and of course there were the 8 and 9 inch fish.....but still a fun day.

Regards

TNBronzeback
02-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Sweet! 50-70 of anything is a good day! i need to get in on that tailwater trout action!

creekcrappie
02-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Nice job! I need to go trout fishing soon.

tcintn
02-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Wish I had been with you.Sounds like you had a great time and you deserve it.
There is a place about half way between the handicap rail and dam where it goes from deep to shallow quickly,this is where If I am there I always catch a nice chunky trout.
Were you wading or fishing from bank?

Alphahawk
02-28-2014, 06:03 PM

There is a place about half way between the handicap rail and dam where it goes from deep to shallow quickly,this is where If I am there I always catch a nice chunky trout.

Fishing from the bank today. If I had taken my waders I think it would have been a 100 plus fish day. Every few minutes trout would rise on a fluttering shad on top.... Pretty neat to watch. Those dying shad were in the whole water column.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
02-28-2014, 06:04 PM

I know the spot..... Great spot for walleye there too.

Regards

Alphahawk
02-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Sweet! 50-70 of anything is a good day! i need to get in on that tailwater trout action!

Normandy is good now but in April and May it is superb. You not only can get in on a bunch of trout but if you time it right there could be a ton of Kentucky bass running....a lot of fun.

Regards

FloatNFish
02-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a blast. Congrats on a good day!

-Alex

tacklemake
03-01-2014, 12:33 AM
It looks like you had a great day my friend thank you for the report and pictures.......woody