PDA

View Full Version : Jpp 2/23/14

agelesssone
02-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Fishing was really tough today. Water is still very dingy to muddy, up lake is not much better. Fall and Spring creeks are still dirty. Water temps ranged from 50-55. The clearest water we found was about a foot. Worst we fished was three inch visibility.

The high pressure system just shut the fish off today. Talked to a number of good anglers and a couple of guides I know. They fared as bad or worse than us.

Fished with gboyce today. From 7-2, we wound up with one 16 inch LM bass, one keeper crappie, and one white bass. Also caught two short crappie one shorty bass, and two smallish bluegills.

Alphahawk
02-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Tough all over I think. Better times are coming. I drove down to one of my favorite places to fish today...VFW Lake...and it was 3 feet down from normal. It is one of the smaller TWRA Lakes but it has never been low even in middle of summer. I noticed at the spill gate there were no boards in it to slow flow of water. Going to call TWRA tomorrow to see if they are even aware of that. Some nut could have went down there and removed them.

Regards

thehick176
02-24-2014, 09:56 AM
I also fished Priest yesterday from 6-noon. Water clarity was ok from Seven Points to the dam. We fished submerged trees from 15-30fow. 1 keeper crappie to show for it. Once the dam started pulling water, the muddy water came in from up lake and we called it quits for the day. Glad we weren't the only ones who struggled.