PDA

View Full Version : Whizz Kidz Charity Event Results are in!!!!

Heiny57
02-23-2014, 11:52 AM
So how was fishing at GSP and how did the event go? :confused:

We had 37 total anglers unite from all over Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama and as far away as Minnesota Saturday February 22nd 2014. $1931 was raised for Mike Ernst that is running the London Marathon to raise money for the Whizz Kids Charity. We had over 50 people attend our awards banquet at the Cherokee Steak House and Marina that lasted more than 3 hours. It was the largest kayak fishing tournament that has been held in the state of Tennessee.

Over $3000 in prizes were awarded with prizes going to big fish, top 3 places to total inches, and one place to the most species caught.
The fishing was slow, but the fellowship, and fun was big. It was a great day to be outdoors with air temperatures in the low to mid 60′s and blue bird skies.

It was amazing what happened last weekend, the fellowship, the laughter, and all the smiles were worth every minute of work that was put into this. I want to thank Michael Ernst, and Craig Dye for all the help and guidance. I also want to thank my wife Sarah for helping me keep my cool when things weren't going exactly as I had planned. We made it work, and it worked out well.

Good luck to Mike and Jenn as they run in the London Marathon.

Big Fish
Big Fish Joey Kelley 22”

Most Species
1st place with 4 species went to Scott Smith

TOAL INCHES
1st place total inches Mike Ernst 267”
2nd place total inches Chris Bryant 254.25”
3rd place total inches Craig Dye 126.25”

Full results here
http://kayakbassfishingtn.com/ (http://kayakbassfishingtn.com/)

tkwalker
02-23-2014, 01:03 PM
So how was fishing at GSP and how did the event go? :confused:

A Beautiful Day on the water ... I was the Safety boat and at the end of the day a tow boat .. LOL !!

Fishing was off, but everyone seem to have a great time ... I met some nice folks ... As far as the Event and money raised; it beat expectations !! I am Sure Mike and Jeremy will post the winners names and Particulars of the event ... Here are a few pictures ... <'TK>< :)

tkwalker
02-23-2014, 01:15 PM
More Pic's <'TK><:)

Alphahawk
02-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Some great pics there. Nice to hear it was a big success. I bet no one minded you towing them....LOL.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNfisher
02-23-2014, 08:02 PM
There will be more updates later, but since my wife leaves tomorrow morning for 2 1/2 weeks, i will be spending the rest of the night with her.

but I do know we raised a total of $1931 for the charity last night!!!!!! It was a huge success!!! Thank you to all!!

Slacker
02-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Looks like everybody had a great day.

Dakota
02-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Awesome report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jad2t
02-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Only 4 total bass were caught by all of us lol. God gave us a beautiful day to fish, that's for sure. The fishing...well that wasn't so great but it didn't matter to me. I had a great time, so did everyone else, and I can't wait to go fishing again. I feel like I need to go back to Old Hickory to get my revenge for the skunk it produced on Saturday haha.

nomad60
02-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Looks and sounds like the event was a success...and nice pics, TK.

olddognewtrick
02-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it out to meet the folks not yet met!
Believe me, anyone I would have shaken hands with that day would be upset with me today :D
I felt a little wimpy Saturday, so stayed near home and fished a bit. Sunday and Monday I was down and out with a 102 - 100 fever all day Sunday.

I'll catch up to you guys soon!

tkwalker
02-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Looks and sounds like the event was a success...and nice pics, TK.

Nomade, yep lucked up on some nice pic's and screwed some up as well LOL ... Still learning .. kind of like my new H-Bird 998 ... First trip out that day as well !! Thanks <'TK>< :)