PDA

View Full Version : Jpp 2/19/14

agelesssone
02-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Gonna hit Percy Priest this morning for some crappie.

I'll be long lining up near Stewart's creek. Will post a report later this afternoon.

Alphahawk
02-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Good luck.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heiny57
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Sure....... rub it in to us working slobs. :D

jad2t
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM
I sure wouldn't mind being on the yak today in this weather but I'm stuck behind a desk.

On that note, I can't wait for a few weeks after Daylight Savings Time when it won't be dark until about 8pm. I work in Smyrna 5 min away from several JPP access points. I think I'll be bringing my yak to work and then heading there for a few hours of Spring fishing afterwards some evenings!

creekcrappie
02-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Hope you did good. I was at Lamar Hill and the water temp was 51!

Alphahawk
02-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Hope you did good. I was at Lamar Hill and the water temp was 51!

I fished two lakes today and water temp was 43 degrees at both. At one location winds were 20 MPH....caught nothing.

Regards

nomad60
02-19-2014, 08:04 PM
I fished two lakes today and water temp was 43 degrees at both. At one location winds were 20 MPH....caught nothing.

Regards

Ack, sorry to hear that, Alpha.

Alphahawk
02-19-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm sure Merv will give us a temp but seems as JPP is warmer than the lakes on the TN River System.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
02-19-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm sure Merv will give us a temp but seems as JPP is warmer than the lakes on the TN River System.

Regards

Merv posted 14 hrs ago. Maybe he is cleaning fish or still backing his boat and trailer up the ramp.

jad2t
02-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Yea hes busy haha...he caught the crap out of them. I saw it on facebook.

jaycee
02-19-2014, 10:29 PM
JPP temps vary from 41° at Bear Island to 50° at Stewarts creek ramp.

agelesssone
02-20-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm finally done, cleaning fish, packing fish for the freezer, eating dinner, putting the daughter to bed, doing dinner dishes, making fifty one 1/16th oz jigs, and posting the pictures of our catch to photobucket so I can show y'all how we did today on JPP.

We kept 37 crappie, could have caught more. We kept 20 BIG yellow bass and threw back twice that many. We only stopped fishing because we had all the fish we wanted. Fished from 8:30 til 2:00 pm.

We fished Fall Creek on JPP, water temps were from 54-56 degrees and the fish were in 4 FOW.

Every fish was caught on jigs, mostly yellow and white or chartreuse and white.

The yellow bass were slamming the jigs hard. They are a lot of fun to catch and these today had some meat on their bones.

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/agelesssone/media/Yellowbass_zps29dac141.jpg.html

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/agelesssone/media/Mervcrappie2-19-14_zps8ba4fb41.jpg.html

Final tally, I came home with 5.8 lbs. of crappie filet. My partner went home with about 4 pounds of crappie filets. I kept all the yellow bass (most were very large). So I wound up with 20 yellow bass that turned into 3 lbs of filets. So I put up 8.8 lbs of fish filets this evening. Good bunch of filets for the freezer.

Alphahawk
02-20-2014, 01:17 AM
Glad you had an awesome day Merv. Good looking load of fish.

Regards

MNfisher
02-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Nice job Merv!

SAMBOLIE
02-20-2014, 05:48 AM
That is a nice mess of fish. Good to see you back in the groove.

creekcrappie
02-20-2014, 06:08 AM
Nice fish Merv!

Dakota
02-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Awesome

agelesssone
02-20-2014, 08:22 AM
This was the best day of fishing I've had in the last two years.

And now that my wife says she prefers the yellow bass over the crappie, I guess I'll have to start targeting them and learning their habits and haunts.

tacklemake
02-20-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm glad you had some fun thank you for the report and pictures............woody

Reel Tune
02-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Wow Merv, that's a heck of a day. Congratulations.

Alphahawk
02-20-2014, 08:45 AM
This was the best day of fishing I've had in the last two years.

And now that my wife says she prefers the yellow bass over the crappie, I guess I'll have to start targeting them and learning their habits and haunts.

I love the things. You are in the right place as JPP seems to produce those bigger than any place I have ever been....plus no limit...so stock up....LOL.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
02-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Very nice day of fishing sir. Those yellows are the largest I have ever seen. I told my wife I would not fish over the next two weeks so I can hit Guntersville up the first weekend of March but after seeing this I may have lied to her.

Slacker
02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Nice score.

jad2t
02-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Incredible day of freezer stocking for you!

creeksmallie
02-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Awesome Merv!!! The Yellow Bass are good eating!!!!

Tnriverluver
02-20-2014, 03:43 PM
How are all you guys in middle and east Tenn catching all these fish and how is the water so warm. West Tn just thawed out a few days ago and the water is still low 40's. I always felt middle and east were colder than west Tn. I only got to fish the first week of Jan on 2 days and only one small bass to show for it. Last year Feb was one of my best months of the year. Hoping they turn on this weekend when I can finally get back out on the water. A buddy that is a crappie king caught 10 yesterday with a 16.5 inch kicker on one of our local state lakes. (Read, yes I am extremely jealous)

Alphahawk
02-20-2014, 03:56 PM
How are all you guys in middle and east Tenn catching all these fish and how is the water so warm. West Tn just thawed out a few days ago and the water is still low 40's. I always felt middle and east were colder than west Tn. I only got to fish the first week of Jan on 2 days and only one small bass to show for it. Last year Feb was one of my best months of the year. Hoping they turn on this weekend when I can finally get back out on the water. A buddy that is a crappie king caught 10 yesterday with a 16.5 inch kicker on one of our local state lakes. (Read, yes I am extremely jealous)

Pickwick is cold...and Nickajack is cold....west and east....cold, but Mid TN is producing. I have two guys giving me reports daily from below the dam at Pickwick.....one of them is staying there for the week because as you said...this has always been a productive time there. The other guy will go back tomorrow but they are not catching anything below the dam to include whites.

Regards

Tnriverluver
02-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Pickwick is cold...and Nickajack is cold....west and east....cold, but Mid TN is producing. I have two guys giving me reports daily from below the dam at Pickwick.....one of them is staying there for the week because as you said...this has always been a productive time there. The other guy will go back tomorrow but they are not catching anything below the dam to include whites.

Regards
Although I don't fish it myself (hope to start some) Reelfoot has not produced a single bite yet after thawing Fri and Sat this past week. My buddy that caught his fish yesterday almost never comes home without 2 limits from the lake he fishes. He knows this lake like the back of his hand and fishes everyday pretty much year round and has for the past 30 years. When he doesn't limit I know fishing is tough!!!

Heiny57
02-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I was reading Brain Carpers report. Did you go out with him.

February 19, 2014 - Percy Priest Lake
Today BCGS guide,William Brown, fished with Mervin from Murfreesboro, Tn. Fishing for crappie they had an awesome day catching 60 with 38 keepers! Almost all fish were caught on white and chartreuse Crappie Magnets! Call now to book your spring trip, the calendar is filling up!

nomad60
02-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Merv posted 14 hrs ago. Maybe he is cleaning fish or still backing his boat and trailer up the ramp.

Hey, I resemble that remark :p

nomad60
02-21-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm finally done, cleaning fish, packing fish for the freezer, eating dinner, putting the daughter to bed, doing dinner dishes, making fifty one 1/16th oz jigs, and posting the pictures of our catch to photobucket so I can show y'all how we did today on JPP.

We kept 37 crappie, could have caught more. We kept 20 BIG yellow bass and threw back twice that many. We only stopped fishing because we had all the fish we wanted. Fished from 8:30 til 2:00 pm.

We fished Fall Creek on JPP, water temps were from 54-56 degrees and the fish were in 4 FOW.

Every fish was caught on jigs, mostly yellow and white or chartreuse and white.

The yellow bass were slamming the jigs hard. They are a lot of fun to catch and these today had some meat on their bones.

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/agelesssone/media/Yellowbass_zps29dac141.jpg.html

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/agelesssone/media/Mervcrappie2-19-14_zps8ba4fb41.jpg.html

Final tally, I came home with 5.8 lbs. of crappie filet. My partner went home with about 4 pounds of crappie filets. I kept all the yellow bass (most were very large). So I wound up with 20 yellow bass that turned into 3 lbs of filets. So I put up 8.8 lbs of fish filets this evening. Good bunch of filets for the freezer.

Awesome day of fishing!