PDA

View Full Version : New Caney Boat

browntrout
02-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I think I just found my next boat that I want to purchase to use on the Caney. This thing is awesome!!! I bet you could run real shallow in it. TK you ever seen 1 of these before? I don't remember a boat like this. It is a 1971, I would have only been 5 years old.

Roy

tkwalker
02-17-2014, 01:52 PM
I think I just found my next boat that I want to purchase to use on the Caney. This thing is awesome!!! I bet you could run real shallow in it. TK you ever seen 1 of these before? I don't remember a boat like this. It is a 1971, I would have only been 5 years old.

Roy

In fact I have fished out of a larger version of this in a Bass tourney in 1976... Now The one I was in ... The rear engine cover is where your pedestal seat was and It had a MercCruiser inline 6 cyl Chevy in it ... But you almost got a nose bleed from being so High up in the air .... Is yours a jet drive? The one I was a prop ... <'TK>< :)

browntrout
02-17-2014, 01:56 PM
In fact I have fished out of a larger version of this in a Bass tourney in 1976... Now The one I was in ... The rear engine cover is where your pedestal seat was and It had a MercCruiser inline 6 cyl Chevy in it ... But you almost got a nose bleed from being so High up in the air .... Is yours a jet drive? The one I was a prop ... <'TK>< :)

Its not mine, I actually saw this picture on Facebook. I just think it is really cool. I wished I had the talent (and money) to buy an old boat like this and restore it. Thats why I enjoy looking at the pictures you post of the motors that you do.

Roy

TNBronzeback
02-17-2014, 02:00 PM
sweet ride! even kicking old school with the ole flasher on the console!
the wood makes for great accents on that boat!

SalmonDaze
02-17-2014, 03:47 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/cast_blast_1971_bassmaster_cla.html

You can see it in person this weekend.

Transplanted Sportsman
02-17-2014, 07:17 PM
man that is a neat boat!! it belongs on a museum or something like it!!

browntrout
02-18-2014, 10:35 AM
This is a video about how the guy found and restored this boat. Its a pretty neat story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqmBJUo3t4

Roy

ditz1
02-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Slightly off topic but the early bass boats was narrow affair with stick steering up front with a front mounted electric motor. They were glass and sported a 15 to 20hp outboard. They did have pedestal seats in the front and rear but they were mounted down inside the haul. The bottom of the haul was almost twice as wide as the gunals. (sic)