PDA

View Full Version : state park lodges

commdd
02-15-2014, 05:41 PM
anybody have any good or bad reports about the lodges at tims ford, paris landing, edgar evans, or dale hollow (ky) thanks in advance!

wormdunker
02-15-2014, 09:31 PM
I've stayed at Edgar Evins, and those a real nice, and also Paris Landing, also very nice, at last they were 15 years ago. All the TN state parks are nice acommadations from my experience. They used to run a special in the Winter that made them really affordable, you might check the website and see if they still do that.

jaycee
02-15-2014, 09:37 PM
They are all very nice. State employees and national guard get discounts.

I have stayed at reel foot, Paris landing, pickwick, fall creek falls, Edgar Evans cabins and others. No complaints.

Travis C.
02-15-2014, 10:30 PM
My wife's work has a "work function" every year at Paris Landing. I go for the free room and board on the water in addition to free buffet meals. The rooms are about like a nice hotel (not 5 star but nice rooms) and the food I thought was really good. Bet I gained 10lbs or better on that weekend.

commdd
02-16-2014, 09:01 AM
thanks guys, now to find the time to go!

StriperFan
02-16-2014, 09:09 PM
I've stayed at the Tim's Ford park cabins, and as said, you can't go wrong with any of the state park cabins. I am a huge fan of Tims Ford lake as well. I spend more time on that lake than any once camping season starts. I love the deep clear water and the schools of stripers, hybrids, and walleyes that can make for a memorable trip.

commdd
02-17-2014, 07:45 AM
thanks stiperfan!