PDA

View Full Version : Centerhill Dam repairs new completion date of 2017

browntrout
02-14-2014, 01:28 PM
As usual our government can't do anything on time. Now the expected completion date of the dam repairs at Centerhill has been pushed to 2017. Got to love our government. I wonder how much time and money was wasted on the barriers below the dams.

http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Media/NewsStories/tabid/6957/Article/21738/center-hill-dam-rehabilitation-continues-with-barrier-wall-installation.aspx

Roy

jad2t
02-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Sounds about right. Just like another Government program that keeps getting pushed back (ObamaCare). Although, that would be to avoid backlash before the next election for the imminent disaster it will be.

4 more years of that 5 minute redlight to cross over the dam haha, wonderful!

JandSCattleCo
02-14-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm fine with it. Take as long as they need to! The longer they work on it the longer my wife has a JOB!

bd-
02-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Since every bit of the operation is contracted out to private companies, is it really the government that isn't doing it on time? The government owns the dam, but it's like saying if I own a house and hire a contractor to fix the roof, it's my fault if it takes the contractor longer to fix it than they said it would.

I mean yeah yeah yeah, everybody hates the government all the time for everything no matter what, but I'm just sayin'.

I'm as ready as anyone for these repairs to be be done. But I think everyone knew going in that nobody really knew exactly how long it was going to take to get through the grouting and barrier wall construction phases, and so I'm not entirely surprised it has taken longer than expected.

bd