PDA

View Full Version : Normandy 2-13-2014

Alphahawk
02-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Spent some time at Normandy today even though the water was high. I used a Bison Trout Magnet on a 6mm Boogie Ball tungsten jig head to get down to them. Only caught 20 but man it was nice to be out and having a fish on the line. They gave a good fight on the 2# test. Still a small shad kill going on there. Next week is going to be good weather. I am going to see if creekcrappie will host me fishing.

Regards

Fishbus
02-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Jealous!

I was thinking of floating the Duck this weekend. We had a great kayak trip at 520 cfs, and there was still some low water in a few places. I bet 650 is awesome for a float.

When you say "getting out to them", are you talking depth or distance?

BTW, missed you by 15 min at the Nashville show last Saturday.

Thanks,

Billy

creekcrappie
02-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Nice job on those trout Mr Randy! I would love to fish with you next week. Just pm me the details.

Alphahawk
02-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Jealous!

I was thinking of floating the Duck this weekend. We had a great kayak trip at 520 cfs, and there was still some low water in a few places. I bet 650 is awesome for a float.

When you say "getting out to them", are you talking depth or distance?

BTW, missed you by 15 min at the Nashville show last Saturday.

Thanks,

Billy

Billy it is ideal for a float right now. With that kind of water it is always hard to get the TM down deep enough. The best way to do it is figure out the depth and fish it under a float with several size B split shots on the line. I tried the small Trout Cranks today but didn't get a hit with them. It probably wasn't getting down deep enough now that I think about it. I expect you would do real good on a float trip. They haven't dumped any trout since end of December and those down stream haven't seen any pressure at all compared to the ones right below the dam.

Regards

nomad60
02-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Glad you got to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather! Looks like we're finally headed in the right direction, weather-wise.