PDA

View Full Version : Some more JPP crappie

creekcrappie
02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I got to the spot at 5:30 armed with minnows and jigs. The first 15 minutes I had three keepers in the bucket using minnows and bobbers. The rest of the 9 fish I caught on a Bobby Garland Baby Shad tipped with either a minnow or a crappie nibble. A little later Jaycee saw me and introduced himself. I can't wait to get back out there and get on the crappie again. None of the fish were over 12 inches and many were under 10, which I threw back. I won't attach a picture because everybody knows what a crappie looks like.

XxthejuicexX
02-10-2014, 11:22 AM
What was the water level like? I am planning on fishing this weekend since I have been out of town since last Thursday.

wormdunker
02-10-2014, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=creekcrappie;457. I won't attach a picture because everybody knows what a crappie looks like.[/QUOTE]

I don't know C.C., I've almost forgotten what one looks like! I'm not tough enough to brave the weather like you. Keep after 'em.

creekcrappie
02-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks fellas. The water level is a few feet up from winter pool as of this morning. It was dropping the whole morning.

Alphahawk
02-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Glad you had some success. Pics are always good.

Regards

Transplanted Sportsman
02-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Good deal Isaac!!, it was nice meeting you at the boating and fishing show!, glad you caught some, have you seen or used a Bobby Garland shad in baby bass color??, I like those BG baby shads!! do you know what the water temp is at JPP??

creekcrappie
02-10-2014, 01:28 PM
T.S., It was nice meeting you too. I don't know the water temp on the lake but where I was fishing it was in the 50s. I have not used baby bass color, but the colors I used were monkey milk, blue ice, and albino shad.

jad2t
02-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Man there aren't going to be any Crappie left in JPP for me to try and get when Spring comes around!

jaycee
02-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Nice to meet you creekcrappie. I finally caught seven, five barely keepers. The cold weather got the best of me. I will be back soon.

TNBronzeback
02-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I love those Bobby Garlands! always my go-to bait for panfish. I seen a guy at the show with all kinds of colors i havent seen in the stores. For JPP though i stick with the natural colors. Monkey Milk is usually the best producer for me. With the clear water of priest ive never had good luck with alot of the wild crappie colors like blaze orange or hot pink. Maybe other guys do good on those colors but i never do.....in clear water that is.

SAMBOLIE
02-11-2014, 06:33 AM
I love those Bobby Garlands! always my go-to bait for panfish. I seen a guy at the show with all kinds of colors i havent seen in the stores. For JPP though i stick with the natural colors. Monkey Milk is usually the best producer for me. With the clear water of priest ive never had good luck with alot of the wild crappie colors like blaze orange or hot pink. Maybe other guys do good on those colors but i never do.....in clear water that is.

Monkey milk is natural in JPP??????????

I have seen raccoons, deer and other animals but no monkeys. Well maybe one that I fished with. How is it going Merv.