PDA

View Full Version : Jpp 2/9

gboyce
02-10-2014, 07:18 AM
So got my boat back from the motor rebuild and took it out to JPP thinking water would be clearer than OH. WRONG!!! Launched out of Longhunter and water looked like chocolate milk. Fished for a few hours with out a single bite. Water temp was 35-37 Degrees most places I went.

commdd
02-10-2014, 09:02 AM
thanks for the report, water conditions and temp!!!

thehick176
02-10-2014, 09:16 AM
I threatened to go out on Priest yesterday myself. Glad I didn't now lol. Did your boat run good at least?

agelesssone
02-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the report on the water conditions.

Did you run the boat a lot?

Did it seem to run better since the rebuild?

Alphahawk
02-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Thats tough conditions to fish. I found 39 degree water yesterday at Nickajack.....did not think it would be that low. Hope it warms up soon for everyone.

Regards

fisher01
02-10-2014, 10:21 AM
With the cold winter this year, I think it will take several weeks longer for the water temperature to start rising.

gboyce
02-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Yeah boat is running great! Only issue with it is I am in the break in part so I cant run it above 3500 RPM for the first hour. Its like putting a crack addict in a room full of Drugs and not letting them touch any. Its killing me

agelesssone
02-11-2014, 10:31 AM
I don't believe in long break ins for motors. I used to drag race motorcycles back in the 70's and 80's and built my own motors.

After a rebuild, they'd get about a ten minutes break in period, then it was balls to the wall. Never had a motor fail because of a bad break in.

Best thing to do is "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"!

As long as you are running more oil than normal, it will be just fine.

XxthejuicexX
02-11-2014, 10:36 AM
I don't believe in long break ins for motors. I used to drag race motorcycles back in the 70's and 80's and built my own motors.

After a rebuild, they'd get about a ten minutes break in period, then it was balls to the wall. Never had a motor fail because of a bad break in.

Best thing to do is "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"!

As long as you are running more oil than normal, it will be just fine.

My boat has always been Driven like I stole it. My boat goes from 0-60 and no in between, no wake zones are my enemy. That's why I do not like to fish out of 4 corners way to much of a no wake zone.

Transplanted Sportsman
02-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Thats tough conditions to fish. I found 39 degree water yesterday at Nickajack.....did not think it would be that low. Hope it warms up soon for everyone.

Regards

How did you do at Nickajack Mr Randy??, water is very cold right now at Normandy as well, might do some honey do's and file my taxes this weekend and hope for warmer wather to be here soon!!!

Alphahawk
02-11-2014, 04:11 PM
How did you do at Nickajack Mr Randy??, water is very cold right now at Normandy as well, might do some honey do's and file my taxes this weekend and hope for warmer wather to be here soon!!!

Not the first fish. Stopped off at Normandy and caught one trout....just too much water.

Regards

Transplanted Sportsman
02-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Not the first fish. Stopped off at Normandy and caught one trout....just too much water.

Regards

Man that stinks!! yep they are releasing about 680 cfs, for a tailwater that normally sees flows under 80 to 200, that is too much water, thanks you!!

tkwalker
02-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Yeah boat is running great! Only issue with it is I am in the break in part so I cant run it above 3500 RPM for the first hour. Its like putting a crack addict in a room full of Drugs and not letting them touch any. Its killing me

Kinda like Merv, (now bikes depends on 2 or 4 cycles) I use to drag race mouse and Rat motor Chevrolets ... After taking them off of the Dyno, their break in took about 7 seconds at 7000 RPM ...

Two strokes are different animals ... The rule of thumb on break in on these is to start off at mid range rpm for about 5 min's ...then 3/4 range for about the same ... wide open for about 3 min's ... (Just keep varying your rpm mid/ 3'4 and wide open ... don't hold any rpm consistent) ... don't hold you speed more than 5 min's at any rpm for at least a 6 gallon fuel run at double oil ... If you have oil injection ... add the extra oil to the fuel tank ... If you have more questions PM me ... <'TK><

agelesssone
02-11-2014, 09:13 PM
4 cycle Harleys and Kawasakis.

Best time was 9:20 @ 162 MPH on the Kawasaki back in 1980. Won the championships at US 30 dragstrip 1980-81 and then lost my passion for it.

Fish Whisperer
02-11-2014, 09:27 PM
My dad used to drag race cars at US 30 dragstrip in the late 70's. I think he drove a Fiat. Many good times out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkwalker
02-12-2014, 02:08 AM
4 cycle Harleys and Kawasakis.

Best time was 9:20 @ 162 MPH on the Kawasaki back in 1980. Won the championships at US 30 dragstrip 1980-81 and then lost my passion for it.

Don't know about any 4 stroke Kawasaki being boss hog at a drag strip ... But the three cylinder ...2 stroke Kawasaki ... The fastest production bike in the world ... It was the only Kawasaki Mach III 2 stroke that was elite ... Well I owned the second fastest production bike in the world ... (Even though I kicked butt at time to the Mach III) .... Honda 6 cyl. inline 4 stroke ... 1010 CC / 101 HP .. CBX ... Also had fun at the drags ... but this moved me up to the NHRA dragsters ... This was a period in my life from getting tired of Bass tourney fishing ... ... But to all avail I had to return to the river ... Stripers ... <'TK>< :)

Fishbus
02-12-2014, 02:16 AM
We had a great kayak trip from the dam to Hwy 269 in December at 540cfs and caught a lot of fish. Not so great for fishing the banks there though.

Billy

Man that stinks!! yep they are releasing about 680 cfs, for a tailwater that normally sees flows under 80 to 200, that is too much water, thanks you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMBOLIE
02-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Don't know about any 4 stroke Kawasaki being boss hog at a drag strip ... But the three cylinder ...2 stroke Kawasaki ... The fastest production bike in the world ... It was the only Kawasaki Mach III 2 stroke that was elite ... Well I owned the second fastest production bike in the world ... (Even though I kicked butt at time to the Mach III) .... Honda 6 cyl. inline 4 stroke ... 1010 CC / 101 HP .. CBX ... Also had fun at the drags ... but this moved me up to the NHRA dragsters ... This was a period in my life from getting tired of Bass tourney fishing ... ... But to all avail I had to return to the river ... Stripers ... <'TK>< :)

The Mach III is like the 1964 Pontiac GTO. They both were fast when introduced, however they have been surpassed many times.
Lots of street bikes have run 1/4 miles at in low 10's and the CBR1100 (4 cyl) ran high 9's.
Of course the Mach III was only 500cc.

agelesssone
02-12-2014, 09:36 AM
My wins were all in the ET races. Tell the tower what time you were going to run the 1/4 mile in, they dial it in on the computer, clock starts at staggered interval for each competitor. First man to cross the finish line, WITHOUT running faster than his stated time, is the winner.
It was not a horsepower thing, it was a man/machine combination. Consistency was king. I could usually run within 2-3/100ths of a second of my stated time.
There were plenty of motorcycles that could out run me in those days. Very few could beat our (me/motorcycle) consistency.

Saltwaterwalt
02-12-2014, 10:47 AM
All this talk of motorcycles made me open my garage door and look at my bike, wishing for some spring weather!

I use to drag race in Bowling Green in the late 70s. Are there any drag strips closer to Nashville? I'd like to go again ... as a spectator :D

SAMBOLIE
02-12-2014, 10:55 AM
All this talk of motorcycles made me open my garage door and look at my bike, wishing for some spring weather!

I use to drag race in Bowling Green in the late 70s. Are there any drag strips closer to Nashville? I'd like to go again ... as a spectator :D

US 43 Dragway between Columbia and Lawrenceburg
http://www.racingin.com/track/details.aspx?Address_ID=1540

Music City Raceway in Goodlettesville. Lots of bikes
http://www.musiccityraceway.com/