PDA

View Full Version : Priest water conditions

MNfisher
02-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Any body been out to see if its all muddy or not? I see that the lake didn't rise too much.

XxthejuicexX
02-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Any body been out to see if its all muddy or not? I see that the lake didn't rise too much.

Isaac and I tried to fish yesterday but the water was so low at Jefferson I could not get my boat all the way off the trailer. I had to drive to Stewarts creek to unload my boat just to get it back on the trailer straight. I know the rivers here in Murfreesboro are high and muddy.

creekcrappie
02-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Crap I needed it to rise to fish my crappie spot.

jad2t
02-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Rivers in Smyrna are high and muddy. I was at Stewart Creek ramp and Fate Sanders ramps Saturday to get the dog some exercise and hopefully walk the bank for an hour throwing some of those awesome Secret Weapon spinnerbaits I got recently. All frozen. I threw baseball sized rocks far out in the lake and didn't even break ice.

creekcrappie
02-03-2014, 01:57 PM
I was at Stewart Creek ramp and Fate Sanders ramps Saturday to get the dog some exercise and hopefully walk the bank for an hour

What time were you at Stewards creek saturday? I was there around noon.

jad2t
02-03-2014, 02:29 PM
I didn't get out. I drove by and saw frozen water and not a lot of room to play with my dog so I headed to Fate Sanders. At Stewart Creek I did take notice of the unreal amount of crappie attractors visible now with the water levels so low. I had no idea! I think this Spring you'll see me in my kayak over those same spots.

creekcrappie
02-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Yes and they are loaded with lures if you wade out to the deeper ones.

XxthejuicexX
02-03-2014, 02:50 PM
The people on the fishing pier really enjoy watching you catch crappie off the beds they can not cast to. My grandfather and I floated around one day catching fish after fish while the guys on the pier tried to throw their floats out as far as possible to reach where we were fishing.

jad2t
02-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Yes and they are loaded with lures if you wade out to the deeper ones.

There are people who fill up buckets with lures during JPP drawdown. I sometimes park the yak and walk the bank to relax and search. I found a nice spinnerbait, which needed some cleaning but now looks great, and a red-craw patterned lipless crank in perfect condition.

jad2t
02-03-2014, 05:03 PM
The people on the fishing pier really enjoy watching you catch crappie off the beds they can not cast to. My grandfather and I floated around one day catching fish after fish while the guys on the pier tried to throw their floats out as far as possible to reach where we were fishing.

I'll wave to them and tell them to buy a kayak.

Heiny57
02-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Isaac and I tried to fish

No fair, you are using a guide. ;)

XxthejuicexX
02-04-2014, 05:50 PM
No fare, you are using a guide. ;)

And I did not even have to Pay for the guide service. Although technically the boat never left the trailer, the rear end got stuck in the mud while trying to back it off the trailer.