PDA

View Full Version : Priest tailwater trout 2/1

blr3a
02-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Took the ol man out for some trout fishing today since they stocked yesterday. Looked like around 20 people out doing the same. Talked to some people that were leaving as we were coming and said they had seen one guy catch a fish. After a couple hours of no bites and no one else catching anything we gave it up. Not one bite, didn't even see anyone get a bite.

When deer season is over I get such a fishing fever but am rarely rewarded before spring :(

wordty
02-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Same experience that I witnessed Friday...it was like they hadn't even stocked

agelesssone
02-02-2014, 10:19 AM
The cold water kill them all?

If so, they washed down to the river and became rockfish food.

I don't know what the water temps are in JPP, but OH was 35-36 above the dam yesterday (Saturday 1/1/14)

Alphahawk
02-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I know even trout will go off feeding for a while with those water temps. I went to check the water temp at Normandy and the battery in my digital thermometer had exploded so it didn't work....LOL. But I don't think Normandy was that cold. It certainly didn't feel like it. The trout there were active and fought hard.....quite a few were rising.

Regards

tcintn
02-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I sopped by there Friday on my way to the Caney to talk with the men from TWRA and there were quiet a few trout had died where they had put in.Also,the ones that were living were extremely active but small. I decided to see if I could catch some since I had a few minutes.There was no water movement and I was floating a white T M and nothing hit. Took float off and twitched and started catching. They were all so small.