PDA

View Full Version : Normandy

Alphahawk
01-31-2014, 07:02 PM
Went to Normandy today and had a blast. Caught trout at will. Just a lot of fun. They had a huge shad kill going on there this morning. The fish were having a buffet. It was just nice to feel the tug of a fish on the line. Was using tungsten jig head as the water was just a little faster than the normal 50-75 CFS.....had on a white Trout Magnet body.

Regards

tacklemake
01-31-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm glad to hear you had a good time my friend.................woody

nomad60
01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
Good stuff, Alpha. I haven't been out in so long, I may have forgot how to throw a rod in the water, I mean, cast :)

Travis C.
01-31-2014, 07:53 PM
It's been a long time since I last caught a trout.

Nice job Alpha, you finding the big crappie yet?

Alphahawk
01-31-2014, 08:56 PM
It's been a long time since I last caught a trout.

Nice job Alpha, you finding the big crappie yet?

You know Travis I have never fished at Nickajack in January or early February. I did call today to make sure my spot was not frozen over. Now that it is warming a bit will get down there soon. My crappie spot at Pickwick is froze over. So if it stays warm it should thaw in a week or so. But it sure was fun to get into bunch of trout.

Regards

Travis C.
01-31-2014, 09:02 PM
My crappie spot at Pickwick is froze over. So if it stays warm it should thaw in a week or so.

Regards

Several of my places right now are froze over. In a few weeks I usually could count on crappie at one spot but there's no getting to it for a while.