PDA

View Full Version : Marrowbone Lake

fastjim11
01-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Drove over to see what Marrowbone looked like and found it just like I left 35 years ago except was it was frozen over. I was overcome with cabin fever and just wanted out for awhile, good thing I wasn't planning on fishing.:o:o

Fishbus
01-30-2014, 11:51 PM
It's a pretty spot. Totally skunked me last time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blink
01-31-2014, 11:27 AM
i had mixed results last year. Caught a lot of good fish one trip on topwater frogs and senkos. skunked another time.

jad2t
01-31-2014, 11:44 AM
I've heard that lake is the absolute worst if you're bass fishing but if you're after panfish, crappie, cats, or trout when they're stocked, you are at the right place. This is just what I've heard, I've never been there.

TNtransplant08
01-31-2014, 12:25 PM
I've heard from a local who fishes the lake regularly that there are good bass in the lake. But the few times I've been there, I've gotten skunked on bass. However, its a great place for panfish and trout. Its been a few years since I've been there. Hard to drive all the way over there when I got JPP just a few miles down the road.

fastjim11
01-31-2014, 01:36 PM
Like I said my last time to fish there was at least 35yrs ago. I caught the best stringer of largemouth ever a couple hundred yards from the ramp. We went to crappie fish and had poles out everywhere, I had a new crank bait I wanted to try out so I climbed up on the motor and began to cast parallel to the bank.....wham first cast produced a 4.5 lb lm the second was a 4 then 3,4,5,6 casts went around 2lbs needless to say crappie fishing was over and bassin was on! Nothing else was caught the rest of the day. By the way it was early early spring and overcast. Never will forget that day.:D:D