PDA

View Full Version : Kingston Steam Plant 1-25-14

TNBronzeback
01-27-2014, 02:01 PM
My brother and i went down to the Kingston Steamplant saturday in search for anything. water was good and clear, a few guys fishing from shore in the back of the canal with mixed reports, some smaller stripers early and late. the discharge water was about 48.5. jigging produced 1 big drum along the vertical rock bluff under the I-40 bridge. no surface activity in the immediate area but with all the gulls around we were hoping they knew something we didnt....such was not the case! LOL.
we took off downriver to where the clinch dumps into the tennessee. water got stained. there was a few boats floating around and they looked like guide boats just from looking at thier set-up. didnt see them catch anything. we marked a ton of bait and big big arcs in the 40-55ft mark in various stretches of water. most of the smaller creeks were froze over coming off the TN River. Wishing we had some live or cut-bait as im sure those big arcs were some jumbo blue cats or even stripers. water in the TN River was in the high 30's.
we motored back up to the steam plant around the boat launch. there is a little bay area and picked up a few crappies. a few guys in a boat were putting a good hurt on them throwing minnows and bobbers over a brush pile or stake-bed in about 12ft.
Got back up on the plateau in the late afternoon. the larger lakes in the area were open in the middle, but either the boat ramp area's were froze or the area's were wanted to fish were froze.
My brother got out on one of the lakes checking the ice, it was about 3.5-4" of good solid ice. with the cold temps coming up this week, espically out east, he will be fishing those lakes thru the ice no doubt! LOL.

MNfisher
01-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Awesome he might get to icefish!

TNBronzeback
01-27-2014, 03:58 PM
yeah im sure he will. if i didnt have plans next weekend, i would be right back out there with him. them crappies and a few scattered perch are sitting over 23ft of water just waiting to be plucked!