PDA

View Full Version : Warning may be Hazardous to your health

gboyce
01-26-2014, 04:24 AM
So since my boat is down during its motor rebuild I have been going thru all my bass fishing stuff. We have always found 101 uses for super glue and WD 40 but i found a great way to clean alot of my fishing gear. I swiped my wifes Magic Erasers and WOW. I cleaned rust spots off old lures without messing up finishes. Cleaned the Cork on the rods handles made them look almost new with no chemicals and without damaging the cork. Lures that were just dulled out shined alot of them right up. Same with the rod blanks and reels.

I couldn't believe my good fortune to have found something new to clean gear with. At least right up to the point of my wife threatening my life for stealing all Magic Erasers. SO if you value your life and want to try this stop at the store and grab some.:)

Honestly though they do do a real good job and I was pleasantly surprised and thought I would share.

SAMBOLIE
01-26-2014, 06:46 AM
That is a great tip. I have used the magic erasers to clean rod handles but never thought about cleaning lures.
Thanks.

Dakota
01-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Great tip I have used them for my boat especially for scuff marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Alphahawk
01-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Good tip....thanks for posting.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
01-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Sweet, I have some crank baits that have rust spots on them. I will try it because I hate to Todd out those plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agelesssone
02-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Can you come over to my house and demonstrate your technique on twenty five or thirty of my lures? I want to watch closely so I don't screw nuthin up.

And yup, I'm like Juice. I hate Todd'n out plugs too!

XxthejuicexX
02-12-2014, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE And yup, I'm like Juice. I hate Todd'n out plugs too![/QUOTE]

Love me some tapatalk and Iphone auto correct.

tkwalker
02-13-2014, 01:16 AM
:)Great tip I have used them for my boat especially for scuff marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

That is the only thing I use when cleaning my Spa ... Saves a lot of work !! <'TK>< :)