PDA

View Full Version : Crappie rig multiple hooks

wordty
01-25-2014, 11:35 PM
What is the best method for rigging multiple jigs to my line? I have seen the Caps and Coleman method that I can rig up but is that best used when trolling? I do go in a boat but prefer to sit in one spot and fish over brush. Is trolling better until I locate some? I just don't want my top jig or jigs to be right up against my line. Or does that matter? I am determined to get some crappie on JPP this year after failing in the past. I use minnows and CMs mostly. Thanks

XxthejuicexX
01-26-2014, 09:01 AM
When I tie multiple baits like Cmags I just leave a long tag end and tie it to that. Thats the way I started fishing a drop shot and it always worked so I use it for crappie jigs too. I have one with a Mr. Crappie and a C mag tied on now for today.

Pookie
01-28-2014, 10:24 PM
www.crappie.com/crappie/showthread.php/157592-Knots-and-Rig-drawings-and-setups-for-beginners (http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showthread.php/157592-Knots-and-Rig-drawings-and-setups-for-beginners)

Travis C.
01-29-2014, 09:59 PM
When I run two I use a "double surgeon's knot" then clip the top tag and leave the bottom tag. Just be sure to tie it where the tag it long enough for what you want to do.