PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland Plateau

TNBronzeback
01-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Heading east this weekend to see some family up on the plateau. chances are the lakes up there will be frozen just enough to stop a boat from being used but not enough to walk on, but i might make a trip down to the Kingston Steamplant and take some casts from shore.
Since they had the coal ash disaster a few years ago, does anybody know if they are discharging warm water there again?
before all that mess i had some phenomonal nights in the discharge canal on the stripers, but i cant get a definative answer as to whether its back up to full operation or if they are still limping along or if they have since upgraded thier system.
Anybody have any knowledge about this?

Jim
01-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Heading east this weekend to see some family up on the plateau. chances are the lakes up there will be frozen just enough to stop a boat from being used but not enough to walk on, but i might make a trip down to the Kingston Steamplant and take some casts from shore.
Since they had the coal ash disaster a few years ago, does anybody know if they are discharging warm water there again?
before all that mess i had some phenomonal nights in the discharge canal on the stripers, but i cant get a definative answer as to whether its back up to full operation or if they are still limping along or if they have since upgraded thier system.
Anybody have any knowledge about this?

Yes, I have fished it a few times in the last year when I had business over in Knoxville. It is open.

Jim

TNBronzeback
01-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Cool! thanks Jim.
Im sure at the very least, if they are putting any warm water out, the skippies and smallmouth should be floating around.

Fishbus
01-25-2014, 12:35 AM
If you see smoke/steam coming from the new single stack (western side of plant) they are generating,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkwalker
01-25-2014, 01:55 AM
If you see smoke/steam coming from the new single stack (western side of plant) they are generating,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not stream!! .. Condensate Like what you see coming out of your car exhaust ... It costs a lot of money to produce steam ... I guarantee you it does not go out the stack ... <'TK>< :)