PDA

View Full Version : New Gander Mountain

Dakota
01-21-2014, 04:20 PM
I live in Mount Juliet and the word is we will be getting a new Gander mtn by the end of the year or so. Great just another place to buy stuff. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tnriverluver
01-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Overpriced, very poorly stocked, getting someone to help you find what your looking for is impossible. I really don't know how this place is still in business.

JandSCattleCo
01-21-2014, 05:16 PM
It's going in by two rivers ford.

Their customer service is HORRIBLE.

Dakota
01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Good to know. I've been to the one in Bowling Green I'm not sure how busy they are? Seems like a bad location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Fish Whisperer
01-21-2014, 06:10 PM
I've been to the Gander Mountain in Bowling Green a few times and wasn't really impressed with em.. They do sell some walleye baits that bass Pro and Academy don't so that's the only reason I'd go there. It would be better news if it were a Cabelas being built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goreds.king
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
According to their website Cabelas is coming to Bowling Green in the Fall 2014.

Fish Whisperer
01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
They were supposed to open a store in the bellvue center before the market crashed..

Halli
01-21-2014, 07:04 PM
It's going in by two rivers ford.

Their customer service is HORRIBLE.
Then go to Mid-Tenn Ford

I sell Truck parts and stop in to Gander every so often to see what deals they have.
They mark stuff down a lot and also have damaged deals for little of nothing, Bought a mid to low range 6'6 med heavy graphite rod for 14.99 last week for a spare they have them at a close out of 19.00 down from like 59.00 so that should tell us their mark up :eek: .

Fish Whisperer
01-21-2014, 09:15 PM
I do look forward to Gander Mountain coming to town. Academy usually has the best prices on fishing gear and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

JandSCattleCo
01-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Then go to Mid-Tenn Ford

I sell Truck parts and stop in to Gander every so often to see what deals they have.
They mark stuff down a lot and also have damaged deals for little of nothing, Bought a mid to low range 6'6 med heavy graphite rod for 14.99 last week for a spare they have them at a close out of 19.00 down from like 59.00 so that should tell us their mark up :eek: .

I meant ganders customer service is horrible. Never had dealings with two rivers.

I hope we NEVER get a cabelas in Tennessee. As of now you can catch free or reduced shipping and no sales tax. One in boling green is close enough.

Tnriverluver
01-21-2014, 09:58 PM
I meant ganders customer service is horrible. Never had dealings with two rivers.

I hope we NEVER get a cabelas in Tennessee. As of now you can catch free or reduced shipping and no sales tax. One in boling green is close enough.
You are so right about that. I have a Cabelas Visa and have saved a fortune over the past 3-4 years buying stuff from Cabelas at much lower prices plus usually free shipping and no tax. If they move to Tn I will probably have to stop buying from them unless they can offer even lower prices. When I first started buying from them they were much higher on almost everything but once they figured out what I buy they send me specials all the time that are unbeatable nearly anywhere else. I bought 3 new Lowrance Elite 5's last year at half price!

Saltwaterwalt
01-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Never was impressed with the Gander Mtn in BG, but it couldn't hurt...maybe between it, Academy and Bass Pro...who knows...they might have some price wars! :D

Tnriverluver
01-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Before you buy anything in a Gander Store, check their price online. It will almost always be much cheaper. Their Website is somehow tied into other places like Overtons. The page will be the same at both places along with price.

tkwalker
01-22-2014, 01:41 AM
If not mistaken isn't there a Gander Mtn. right off of I-40 at the Clover leaf in West Nashville ... some stores are good some not much pumpkin .. Went to one in Savannah, Ga. Great big store as good as it get's ... Went to one in Pa. Kinda likes a Dicks ...

Sorry Merv has had a bad experience with Cabela's ... I have had some back order issues as well ... But as far as their Customer service ... I'll put them up there with Humminbird ... Industry leader ... <'TK><

PS also I like Academy ... I bought some tackle and bags, rod etc ... at Dicks and thought I was getting a good value at Providence ... Drove across the street to Academy in Mt. Juliet ... Saved money and better quality products ...

MNfisher
01-22-2014, 07:16 AM
If not mistaken isn't there a Gander Mtn. right off of I-40 at the Clover leaf in West Nashville ....

Not sure there is TK. I have yet to see a Gander Mtn in the area.

MNfisher
01-22-2014, 07:24 AM
My only experience with Cabelas customer service was great. I bought a reel from them. After 10 months of usage, I made a cast and the plastic knob that adjusts the spool and keeps the spool on just flew off. It landed in the river and was gone. I called Cabelas to order the piece, they told me I couldn't order any spare parts for cabelas brand reels. I got frustrated and told them I had a perfectly good reel that was useless. She looked up when I bought it, noticed it was still under the year warranty and sent out a brand new reel to me for free.

Alphahawk
01-22-2014, 08:20 AM
The more store choices we have the better off we are....IMHO.

Regards

wordty
01-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Just to clear up any confusion or wonder...there is no Cabelas in Bowling Green...it is in Louisville. And the closest Gander Mountain is in Bowling Green and there is one over in Jackson, TN.

goreds.king
01-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Just to clear up any confusion or wonder...there is no Cabelas in Bowling Green...it is in Louisville. And the closest Gander Mountain is in Bowling Green and there is one over in Jackson, TN.

Not now, but it is coming to Bowling Green in the fall of 2014.

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=bowlinggreen

SalmonDaze
01-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Not a big Gander fan. Went to buy a new Glock 27 a couple years ago, and the person behind the glass had 0.00 interest in answering any questions. Went home and ordered off Cheaper than dirt that night.