PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick Report

Alphahawk
01-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Since it was such a beautiful day went to Pickwick. The only fish I caught were a bunch of 5 to 6 inch Gills that looked almost albino they were so pale in color. Tons of shad in the water with literally hundreds of sea gulls feeding on the shad but no one was catching anything. Just hung around there all day talking with some guys I have fished with in the past down there. Water temp was 40 degrees and gates were spilling 90,000 CFS. Most of the Gills came out of 12 feet of water off the bottom out of a big area of tree stumps. Hopefully in 3 weeks white bass will start showing up down there.

Regards

agelesssone
01-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Glad you got out. It was beautiful day for it. Sounds about like my day, only caught small gills.

But once woody started catching skippies out the back ( and giggling like a school girl) I switched over to skippies. But, being older and more reserved, I stifled the giggles when I would catch a skippie!

Alphahawk
01-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Glad you got out. It was beautiful day for it. Sounds about like my day, only caught small gills.

But once woody started catching skippies out the back ( and giggling like a school girl) I switched over to skippies. But, being older and more reserved, I stifled the giggles when I would catch a skippie!

Yeah it was nice to be out today. I couldn't even get into any skipjack Merv....LOL. I am hoping it busts wide open in about 3 weeks.

Regards