PDA

View Full Version : GMC fish attractor

JandSCattleCo
01-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Attached to the boat is a trailer and a gmc short bed regular cab pickup. As I get to the ramp this evening, I see a truck with the bed 3/4 way in the water and a guy in the bed/water winching the boat onto the trailer (which is completely submerged). As it winches down to the trailer, it must have floated the back end of the truck. THERE IT GOES!

He jumps ontop of the cab, onto the hood and leaps for the ramp. Of course me falls about 2 feet short and belly flops right in the water. He sees me and comes running onto the dock. He comes flying into my boat, uninvited screaming "save ma family," the wife's screaming at him, the toddlers are screaming at her and the dogs barking at the truck as it sinks. He smells like a brewery, trips over my driftmasters and face plants. I'm trying not to laugh but he's freaking out, mad as a wet hen, and drunk and my pistol is in my bag so I tell him well go get them. Try to start the motor and spin the prop right into a shallow rock! No good deed goes unpunished, right?

Troll over to the boat, trailer, truck fish attractor and his wife, two kids, dog and TOOLS pile in my boat (apparently he was afraid his nail gun and radio would be stolen from the truck). His tool box off the truck is floating so we troll over and he grabs it as we get to the dock. He starts yelling at his wife to call TWRA and I tell him, I'm thinking this is sheriffs department and a tow truck. The SO finally shows up and I tell them what I saw and say have a nice evening. Didn't catch any fish but made one heck of a memory!

It's now about 75' from the ramp and in about 10' of water.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/jandscattleco/66C71862-7114-45D6-8B6D-01A5B0CA8743.jpg

FLBasser
01-20-2014, 08:55 PM
You just can't make this kind of thing up. You also can't fix stupid. Ha!

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
01-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Wow! That was a bad day for him.

Regards

Transplanted Sportsman
01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Dang!! that is pretty bad!, I hate for the guy, his family and your prop!, you are right, no good deed goes unpunished!, where was this at Josh??

JandSCattleCo
01-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Barton Springs Ramp on Normandy

Transplanted Sportsman
01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Barton Springs Ramp on Normandy

I thoought I recognized the spot, man that really stinks!!, do they charge you to use this ramp??, I have not used in a couple of years

JandSCattleCo
01-20-2014, 09:31 PM
It's a free ramp. Can be a little shallow on the sides though.

I'm always afraid I'm going to hit the silo that's still standing going into the lake. Heard tell of a guy a few years ago when the water was VERY low that ripped his lower unit off on it.

agelesssone
01-20-2014, 09:34 PM
That was a very bad day for him and not so great for you.....except for the fact that you were there to "save" the family and nail gun!

Transplanted Sportsman
01-20-2014, 09:35 PM
It's a free ramp. Can be a little shallow on the sides though.

I'm always afraid I'm going to hit the silo that's still standing going into the lake. Heard tell of a guy a few years ago when the water was VERY low that ripped his lower unit off on it.

thanks for the info, I heard of some ruins nrear the end of the creek towards the bridge but never seen them myself, that must have been on 2007 when the water was very low, I remember that year but was not into fishing much back then

Fishbus
01-21-2014, 12:15 AM
That would make a great diagram to explain the buoyant force to a physics class.

A half submerged 5000lb truck and trailer are connected to two 18" diameter pontoons that are 16' long. How many beers has the redneck had since breakfast?

JandSCattleCo
01-21-2014, 01:04 AM
That would make a great diagram to explain the buoyant force to a physics class.

A half submerged 5000lb truck and trailer are connected to two 18" diameter pontoons that are 16' long. How many beers has the redneck had since breakfast?

No no, fully submerged. As for beers, he smelled like the coors plant so I'm going to say several.

You could pull geometry in too for the triangle with the ground and chain that will be needed to pull it out with!

tkwalker
01-21-2014, 01:27 AM
Jeremy, take note ... I think Josh has the documented post of the year so far ... Maybe this should be a Rewards category for the "Gathering" ... <'TK>< :rolleyes:

Jim
01-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Crazy story! Glad everyone is OK.

I always worry about this. When I was young and had a beater old truck, I used to carry a jonboat in the bed of the truck. One time I was dumping the boat into a Florida pond, the hand brake started slipping and the truck was rolling very slowly toward the water. Try as I might, I could not stop it at all. Luckily I had wheel chocks in the truck bed and was able to get one under a tire to stop it. The tailpipe, part of the bed, and back tires were already water when it stopped. I got it started and blasted out of there. That sure freaked me out. I hope it never happens again.

Jim

txnative
01-21-2014, 07:32 AM

Trick question...beer WAS breakfast ! :)

Chris Bryant

jad2t
01-21-2014, 08:48 AM
That's funny! Mark that spot on your GPS and when the water rises for Summer Pool (Not sure if Normandy does that or not) you'll have a crappie spot :D

When I went to GSP Saturday morning there was a guy piss drunk who backed his boat into the water at Coles Ferry Ramp and didn't think to leave a long rope to grab or any means of securing the boat once it was off the trailer. Out into Old Hickory it floated and I tried my best not to laugh. I was pissed off too because this moron was stupid drunk and intended to motor through Old Hickory when it was pitch black outside putting people's lives in danger. Had he gotten in the boat I was going to call the police after I had gotten a good distance from him. It floated to some land and he walked over to it, had some argument with his wife, and never actually started it up so I felt safe. A couple hours later, just after sunrise, this moron showed up at GSP for 5 minutes then left.

Fishbus
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
D'oh!!

Trick question...beer WAS breakfast ! :)

Chris Bryant

nomad60
01-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Good grief.

Don't people know you start drinking AFTER you launch the boat?

JandSCattleCo
01-21-2014, 05:14 PM
This was as he was putting it back on. He had already consumed x number of beers.

SAMBOLIE
01-21-2014, 06:45 PM
This one got it bass ackwards.

https://us.mg205.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f248847%5fAN%2fXiGIAAL kLUt7RvAexjnAN%2ftU&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeo