PDA

View Full Version : old hickory lake GSP fishing report 1/20/2014

tacklemake
01-20-2014, 06:03 PM
I went to the steam plant today with my good friend Merv and we started at 6 am. There was 3 kayakers already there and one boat and the bait fish were breaking all round us so I started with my 1/8 oz feather spinner bait with no luck and Merv was using a jig and minnow catching bluegills. Then I change to a 1/32 oz TM under a float about 8' and let it drift a ways then with a fast jerking retrieve the skipjack would hammer the jig and go airborne. So I started catching small jacks and shad and Merv started live lining and caught a striper about 2 1/2 pounds then after about an hour something real big took off and was burning the line off the heavy rod and Merv was trying to get it in when it pop 50lb braid. It would had been nice if we could have seen it but maybe next time..................woody P.S. The water temp was around 57.5 and by 12pm it get so warm we had to take off our coats.

Halli
01-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Nice report.

I bet that runner had Ya'll fired up haha but hey there's always next time.

Dakota
01-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Nice report fellas and nice catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

creekcrappie
01-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Nice report guys.

Alphahawk
01-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Great report Woody. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun.

Regards

txnative
01-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Glad y'all had fun. :)

Chris Bryant

Travis C.
01-20-2014, 07:45 PM
It sure was a nice day to be out.

Glad it was a fun trip.

SAMBOLIE
01-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Woody, you had a great day to be on the water even if the big one escaped.

Next we will read about you keeping you know who's cooler.:)

sidthesquid
01-20-2014, 09:54 PM
I went to the steam plant today with my good friend Merv and we started at 6 am. There was 3 kayakers already there and one boat and the bait fish were breaking all round us so I started with my 1/8 oz feather spinner bait with no luck and Merv was using a jig and minnow catching bluegills. Then I change to a 1/32 oz TM under a float about 8' and let it drift a ways then with a fast jerking retrieve the skipjack would hammer the jig and go airborne. So I started catching small jacks and shad and Merv started live lining and caught a striper about 2 1/2 pounds then after about an hour something real big took off and was burning the line off the heavy rod and Merv was trying to get it in when it pop 50lb braid. It would had been nice if we could have seen it but maybe next time..................woody P.S. The water temp was around 57.5 and by 12pm it get so warm we had to take off our coats.
printed your picture to show to the gang at Pasadena's meeting

nomad60
01-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Nice report, it sure was a beautiful day out yesterday!