PDA

View Full Version : Stones River/OHD 1-18-14

TNBronzeback
01-18-2014, 11:41 PM
With the raging cumberland and wind today, i kept the boat in garage and beat the pavement and bank fish. Got to the mouth of the stones at sun up in search for anything that would bite. No saugers, no walleyes, no white bass, but the smallmouth and spots were hot and heavy. Quite a few fish right on the banks tucked into the brush. 1/8th oz. Leadhead and pearl curly tail did the trick. The fish were hammering it too! if i was 2 feet or more from the bank....i couldnt touch a fish. Same results at the boat ramp....just keep it on the bank next to trees and i got bit. The spots were chunky too! Wishing i would have taken the boat ofcourse!
In the afternoon i went to OHD with a bucket of minnows and slip bobbers in search for crappies. Got 4 keepers 11-12"ers before sundown. Plenty of good sized gills still there in the corner. 1 little largemouth about 13" that was just dull and brown looking.....guessing from the cold water. 3 short saugers ended the night.
All in all not a bad "shore" day.

tacklemake
01-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Great report thank you..................woody

Alphahawk
01-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Sounds like a fun trip.

Regards

tacklemake
01-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Like everyone told me it doesn't count unless you have pictures of proof LOL.........WOODY