PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Tackle Box

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I signed up for this last month and I am getting my first one this month. Anyone else use this service, I am kind of excitied about geting mine but i did notice it ships on the 10th, but mine still has not been shipped USPS just received notice to pick mine up from the shipper today.

blink
01-14-2014, 06:45 PM
I had it for about 6 months. Got some cool stuff, but lots of it I never used and ended up canceling to start saving for my wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tnriverluver
01-14-2014, 06:48 PM
My daughter bought me a 3 month deal for Christmas last year. I was really kinda disappointed with what they sent. Did not seem worth the money to me but mine was free for me. I'm not into trying lots of new baits as I am old and set in my ways now so your mileage may vary. I know many others that love them. Mine did come like clockwork and I got an email right before it shipped.

Travis C.
01-14-2014, 07:08 PM
I never have used them but would be interested in what they sent?

Have always wondered if companies just buy up closeout inventory from closing stores to do these sort of things.

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 07:17 PM
I got it for a month at 4.99 so I figured it's worth it trying it. I figure I can piss away 15 bucks a month on worse things so if I like it I will keep them coming.

Tnriverluver
01-14-2014, 09:57 PM
I never have used them but would be interested in what they sent?

Have always wondered if companies just buy up closeout inventory from closing stores to do these sort of things.

In mine would usually be a few packs of 5 soft plastics, a crankbait or spinnerbait, a package of 2 hooks and dropshot type stuff. Baits were in colors that I would probably never use. The first time or two it is fun with the anticipation. Afterwards Meh!!!
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/tnriverluver/tackle_zps8e5f41f0.jpg
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/tnriverluver/tackle1_zpse2dc1d6b.jpg
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/tnriverluver/tackle2_zpsd269456e.jpg

tacklemake
01-15-2014, 04:46 AM
I like making tackle and teaching some people how to make it. Making it is a lot of fun but testing it and using it and catching fish on it is even more fun.......................woody

Hammy
01-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Looking good , Woody. When I was a kid growing up in South Fl., my Dad made all sorts of plugs, lures etc.

Hammy

Saltwaterwalt
01-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Great looking spinner baits Woody!

You gave me a striper bait at the picnic this summer. Haven't used it because it looks so dadgum pretty, that I hung it on my wall by my rod rack!

I can't bear the thought of getting fish slime on such a work of art...heh,heh.

Walt

MNfisher
01-15-2014, 08:18 AM
You gave me a striper bait at the picnic this summer. Haven't used it because it looks so dadgum pretty, that I hung it on my wall by my rod rack!

Walt

Jeremy, remember when you tied your Woody striper bait on and lost it within a few casts? Lol. Bet that sucker would catch fish too!

Dakota
01-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Nice job those are looking really good. I also like a feather on the back of a jerkbait or some crankbaits like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

agelesssone
01-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Great looking baits Woody.

I lost the big striper swimbait you gave out at the gathering, darnit.

Got it hung on the rocks in the boils below OH dam and couldn't get it loose.

But it sure looked like a striper catching machine!

Reel Tune
01-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Great looking baits Woody.

I lost the big striper swimbait you gave out at the gathering, darnit.

Got it hung on the rocks in the boils below OH dam and couldn't get it loose.

But it sure looked like a striper catching machine!

Makes two of them down there then:(

SAMBOLIE
01-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Hey guys. Woody is another member who deserves recognition for his contributions. Woody was one of the first to introduce himself to me at the gathering last summer. After a few minutes with this kind and gentle man I felt blessed to have met him.
He is always willing to give tips and he posts great photos.

Reel Tune
01-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Very true Sambolie. He also went to the place we had the gathering the day before to survey, put out table cloths, he came to one of my kayak events and took some great pics, donated baits that he made from his own personal stash, he puts up reports whether its good or bad fishing. He seems like such a happy person, another great member.

Since this thread was created I've thought back of all the great people I've met from here.

Thank you TK, for giving up a place to b***ch, and moan, show off our catches, and make friends for a lifetime that some of us will never even meet face to face.

tacklemake
01-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you for making me feel at home with great friends and the baits I gave out at the gathering was for trolling not casting. I'm always making something new to test out and if you would like to learn I'm more then happy to teach you...................woody

XxthejuicexX
01-16-2014, 10:01 PM
This is what I got in my box, for 4.99 I will take it. Probably won't do it again. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/sasa7y4u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMBOLIE
01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Juice, I might trade you a Dancin eel for Mr. Whiffle.

XxthejuicexX
01-16-2014, 10:31 PM
I had to look it up the product for mr wiffle, It's the worm they make. I watched the Product video on there website, pretty sure it's 30 years old or more. I also looked up the dancing eel you offered, not sure if I found the right thing but if it is I am prett sure I will throw it as much as I throw mr wiffle.

creekcrappie
01-16-2014, 10:39 PM
It's probably worth $5 but not the full price they offer. I would rather go out and buy something that I know I would use.

tacklemake
01-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Have you tested the baits out and you got more then $4.99 in tackle and where did they come from? There mite be some readers here that would want to buy them for their kids...............woody

XxthejuicexX
01-16-2014, 11:32 PM
I just opened the box shortly before posting that picture. They are all from mysterytacklebox.com and yes I got more than 4.99. It's usually 15 bucks a month but you can get your 1st month for 4.99 so I thought it's worth a try.