PDA

View Full Version : No profanity rule?

Saltwaterwalt
01-14-2014, 12:15 PM
I looked, after yesterday's outbursts, but cannot find a 'rules' page for the site.

I understand... sort of... heated arguments going to far, but can we cut out the profanity? I'm no saint when it comes to a few four letter words tossed out when in close company on my boat but not on a family fishing website!

I have a grandson who sometimes looks at the fish pictures on this site and he can read just fine for a little guy.

Would like to see TK make it law right here and now, no profanity on the site, or you get booted.

I don't think that's asking too much. What do you all think? Let's keep this the fishermen friendly site its suppose to be.

Walt

txnative
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
I looked, after yesterday's outbursts, but cannot find a 'rules' page for the site.

I understand... sort of... heated arguments going to far, but can we cut out the profanity? I'm no saint when it comes to a few four letter words tossed out when in close company on my boat but not on a family fishing website!

I have a grandson who sometimes looks at the fish pictures on this site and he can read just fine for a little guy.

Would like to see TK make it law right here and now, no profanity on the site, or you get booted.

I don't think that's asking too much. What do you all think? Let's keep this the fishermen friendly site its suppose to be.

Walt

I agree with you in principle, but I think making it a law or rule should not be necessary. We should all be able to self-govern our language.

Chris Bryant

agelesssone
01-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Saltwaterwalt, I think we should all be able to have discussions and disagreements without reverting to name calling and using swear words. But, that's just my opinion, which doesn't seem to be too welcome here.

Posted by a friend on FB......Always causing trouble on the forum lol. I stuck up for you and then the thread got locked.

jad2t, saw that, thanks for the good words. I looked back through my posts before the thread(s) were locked. I don't believe I reverted to name calling like the others did. Seems like they didn't take too kindly to my posts.

I suppose I'll lay low for awhile and let the boys settle down. I went on YouTube and found plenty of their videos that detailed enough information to get a guy in the game. What I can't believe is how they think DHL would be flooded with people going there and catching all of "their" fish. I imagine it is pretty tough to catch fish on that lake even if you are very knowledgeable. I mean, c'mon, txnative went up there and hardly caught anything and I consider him one of the best fishermen in the area.

And since I already have downriggers and planer boards, and KVD 6's and spoons, I imagine I would be equipped well enough to fish there using his methods. I just don't have the impetus to drive that far in hopes of catching a coupla fish.

And this post IS NOT INTENDED TO START ANOTHER "WAR OF WORDS".

fishfindergeneral
01-14-2014, 12:50 PM
It just comes down to the fact that you attempted to bully me off posting on this forum, a site that I've been give permission from and have the support Tk. Tk and I discussed on Sunday night ( ironicaly, the night before you decided to show your lack of character) in depth the fact that I don't discuss the details of my catches. A subject I brought up and he completely agreed with and supported. My suggestion is that you man up and appoligize for your trespassing.

txnative
01-14-2014, 12:57 PM
I mean, c'mon, txnative went up there and hardly caught anything and I consider him one of the best fishermen in the area

Ha ha ha...and thanks :D

Chris Bryant

Jdkxtreme
01-14-2014, 01:07 PM
( Because I am a funny guy )
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. You might very well win, But your still retarded.

jad2t
01-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Thanks for protecting my real name identity haha. Don't worry we'll figure out anything we need to regardless of people being way too secretive and bragging rather than helping others. The internet is filled with all the information we need.

The "Cumberland River" response to my asking where all the rockfish have been caught lately still makes me laugh. What a jerkoff answer. I'd never treat a fellow fisherman like that, not one that I've fished with in tournaments and know by name (as does the fisherman who I'll kindly not call out that did this to me on facebook).

Now chill out fellas and go get your lines wet. As I recall we all have several fishing goals to hit this year and we're not going to get them by arguing on the internet :) See you all Saturday at the top secret spot on the Cumberland River, known as the Gallatin Steam Plant, that is only known by about 4 people in the entire world to have rockfish there in the Winter. Hope I didn't "ruin the fishery".

Reel Tune
01-14-2014, 01:17 PM
I locked the last thread because it got derailed big time.

Keep on the subject, keep name calling out, and profanity out, just have a discussion, and I'm fine with that.

I'll let TK, call the rules.

I'm fine with a discussion, just keep it on topic.

txnative
01-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks for protecting my real name identity haha. Don't worry we'll figure out anything we need to regardless of people being way too secretive and bragging rather than helping others. The internet is filled with all the information we need.

The "Cumberland River" response to my asking where all the rockfish have been caught lately still makes me laugh. What a jerkoff answer. I'd never treat a fellow fisherman like that, not one that I've fished with in tournaments and know by name (as does the fisherman who I'll kindly not call out that did this to me on facebook).

Now chill out fellas and go get your lines wet. As I recall we all have several fishing goals to hit this year and we're not going to get them by arguing on the internet :) See you all Saturday at the top secret spot on the Cumberland River, known as the Gallatin Steam Plant, that is only known by about 4 people in the entire world to have rockfish there in the Winter. Hope I didn't "ruin the fishery".

The vague responses are intentional on the public forums. As stated in a previous thread, there are a lot of lurkers on this site, and publically posting specifics is a sure way to have an area covered with other anglers. I don't see a problem with sharing details in pm's, as I've done many times before. I also will gladly share info in person, as anyone who has talked to me face-to-face will attest to. The GSP is not a secret, and it also gets crowded...these are not simple coincidences. However, being there does not guarantee success. I've targeted stripers for years and feel fairly confident in my ability to catch them thanks in large part to the time, sweat, and lack of sleep I've put into my passion. Expecting a free handout in a publically accessible venue is going to rub people the wrong way. If you want info, approach me directly...you'll get a more detailed report than what I would EVER post publically.

I am giving MY opinion on this. I have absolutely zero involvement in what happens outside my own personal bubble. I understand and respect that others' may not agree with me, and that's fine...they are no more wrong or right than I am.

Chris Bryant

tkwalker
01-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Walt

Walt, If you have read any of my post since you have been a member; I am sure you have heard me state many times that this is a family oriented Site.

Not only do I not approve of the profanity, name calling and really the general Jest of any verbal altercations ... Because all this does is interrupts the continuity of the FTI Family and membership and our objective.... NO I DON'T APPROVE !

Now FishingTN.com has been a community service for 16 years and what I have learned is, periodically the interruptions stick their nasty heads , either an issue like was just locked. or many other issues. My Staff and I have seen many over the years . For instance, Catch and Release or mentioning a sweet honey hole, etc. And as usual on both sides of the issue there are pros and cons ...

I am not going to take sides in any issue if the subject has merit and creates food for thought. But I will control the way it is being presented .. And if it gets out of hand I will stop it.

As far as a Set rule or Law about profanity and if used you are automatically barred. Well that is not going to happen ... Anyone can have a bad day at the office. Or maybe to many after dinner adult beverages, after a bad day at the office. There are to many laws, rules and government control in our daily lives now. I am not going to be a hypocrite and add more. Besides I would be foolish to add a law set in FTI concrete ... That I may even get barred..

Walt, I appreciate your thoughts ... I am going to go back and edit some of the posts to bring us back to "Family oriented status" .. Thanks again<'TK>< :)

Cranky
01-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Now there's what this site needs. A real classy funny man like jdkxtreme. I guess during those immature teen years you really can really say some dumb and insensitive things huh?

Let's all just grow up and fish.

Reel Tune
01-14-2014, 02:48 PM
I didn't see a need in closing this one. Lets just get it all out in a gentlemen manor.

Travis C.
01-14-2014, 02:57 PM
I finally found a good knot for fluorocarbon to braid the other day.

....double albright.

txnative
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
I finally found a good knot for fluorocarbon to braid the other day.

....double albright.

Uni to uni is better :D

Chris Bryant

Dakota
01-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Oh yes. I've used that knot for years I urge u always use that knot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dakota
01-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Double Albright is the one I'm talking about

txnative
01-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Double Albright is the one I'm talking about

Travis tried to explain it to me over the phone a few days ago, while I like the uni to uni, I'm gonna give the double Albright a try. I usually use swivels, but certain techniques call for line to line connections.

Chris Bryant

Travis C.
01-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Travis tried to explain it to me over the phone a few days ago, while I like the uni to uni, I'm gonna give the double Albright a try. I usually use swivels, but certain techniques call for line to line connections.

Chris Bryant

I will show you it next time I see you. It's easy and there are a couple ways to tie it. I use the one strand up the main line then back down method opposed to the doubled leader line wrap down the main line.

100% break strength as the braid actually conceals the knot.

jad2t
01-14-2014, 03:30 PM
The vague responses are intentional on the public forums. As stated in a previous thread, there are a lot of lurkers on this site, and publically posting specifics is a sure way to have an area covered with other anglers. I don't see a problem with sharing details in pm's, as I've done many times before. I also will gladly share info in person, as anyone who has talked to me face-to-face will attest to. The GSP is not a secret, and it also gets crowded...these are not simple coincidences. However, being there does not guarantee success. I've targeted stripers for years and feel fairly confident in my ability to catch them thanks in large part to the time, sweat, and lack of sleep I've put into my passion. Expecting a free handout in a publically accessible venue is going to rub people the wrong way. If you want info, approach me directly...you'll get a more detailed report than what I would EVER post publically.

I am giving MY opinion on this. I have absolutely zero involvement in what happens outside my own personal bubble. I understand and respect that others' may not agree with me, and that's fine...they are no more wrong or right than I am.

Chris Bryant

I wasn't talking about you, in case you thought that, and I won't say who it was. I'm referring to our facebook hangout TKA group which is a private group in which members have to be approved. Not everyone and their Mother on Facebook sees those posts. I figured at least within that group we should help each other out rather than just showoff catches and keep an attitude that could be seen by others as "nose in the air" with only sharing this info with a select few and only inviting those select few along for the rockfish outings. Those guys know me, they've fished in two kayak tourneys last year with me, one of which I placed in and my last name isn't exactly common haha. They know who I am. Almost every time I go fishing I post an open invite to everyone. Who's asking for a handout? Surely you're not trying to imply that I am because you couldn't be more wrong. I am as dedicated and passionate of a fisherman as you or anyone else on here and fish as much as I can and still keep the Mrs. happy. My work has paid off quite well lately with all the bass and now I'm trying to move onto another species. I don't get this attitude of being secretive with a group of people composed of people equally as passionate and dedicated of fishermen as one another. It makes you look like a jerk. Not you personally, "you" used as an impersonal pronoun.

People may not like it but I call it how it is. We shouldn't do it on Facebook nor in here. I'd never treat you all like that. This Fall I posted several reports of bass fishing including several 3-4lb bass and willingly told people what area of Priest I was fishing (didn't just say "Percy Priest") and what lures, depths, presentations, etc. were working. And can you believe it... the next weekend there weren't 5,000 boats all with stringers full of bass in the area like some seem to believe will happen if they help their fellow fishermen.

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 03:31 PM
You could always keep it simple and just go braid to lure. No special knot to knot needed.

browntrout
01-14-2014, 04:13 PM
I saw the trout, and I think it was 9 pounds!!!!

Roy

txnative
01-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Jimmy,

#1: I'm sure you are passionate about fishing, but the dedication I question...especially in comparison to my own. There have been several instances in which you have stated you were going, only to no-show for various reasons. I take offense to the comparison, even if I am not the direct object of it. I have gone on fishing forays that have lasted well over 24 hrs, in terrible conditions, in waters others consider "dangerous", and sacrificed more money than I should have searching for my next bite. If I invite someone, or hear someone say they will be there in a public forum/Facebook group, then I am disappointed if said person no-shows...especially due to less than perfect conditions.

#2: posting bass fishing locations on priest with a highly detailed rundown of technique, lures, etc is in no way equal to posting a detailed report on a hot striper bite in a confined area for 2 reasons: bass are infinitely more plentiful in our waters due to their ability to replenish the population, and bass can be found in a variety of locations and caught on a equally varying number of presentations. Stripers feeding on top in the confined channel of the GSP can easily be overfished by a handful of unscrupulous anglers, and increased boat traffic will shut down the bite, effectively "ruining" the bite. Please don't make the mistake of assuming that keeping silent is equivalent to being a "jerk." I have locations I have shared with a select few that I trust will not spread the info like gossip. I'm not a jerk, but I enjoy what I have found and have seen the potential of certain areas completely die due to loose lips. This isn't unique to me, either. There are plenty of stories about "how it used to be" due to this same reason.

As for the Facebook group, I have never encountered the attitude you expressed from any of the members...and I have become friends with a number of them. Perhaps the issue is not "everyone else."

Chris Bryant

Pookie
01-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Lets just get it all out in a gentlemen manor.

45's or 9mm's?

How many paces before turning and firing?

fishfindergeneral
01-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Well said Chris, bravo..

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 05:03 PM
I normally would say real men only carry a .45 but I just recently traded my 1911 off and all I have left at the moment in a 9mm. I vote for a knife fight, much more personal.

agelesssone
01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm thinking 7mm mag, back to back, walk 1000 paces, turn, sit down drink a six pack (or a bottle of wine), say screw it and walk back, get in your cars and go home to a loving and beautiful wife.

Then get up on Saturday morning and go fish for the species of your choosing, in your desired location, using the presentations you deem fit for the occasion.

May the fish gods smile on you, let you catch the species of your choosing, to be released into the grease or water, whatever.

And last, and most important, remember. It's trying to catch fish, not life and death.

Pookie
01-14-2014, 05:09 PM
TK has the right idea. I didn't come here looking for rules. I'm a full grown man and I know how to act on the internet, and in person. I went back and looked at the thread(s) in question. Looks like there are some folks who can't mind their own business as well. If you step in the middle of a bar room fight to break it up, you do so with the full understanding that you are subject to catch a punch also.

When these little flare-ups happen, everyone should mind their own business and the two involved need to take it to private message. If I owned a guide service, the last thing I would do is get caught in a pissing match with someone over the internet, then follow that up with a link to my site. To each their own.

I am thinking that TK has a direct line to the White House, with Barrack and TK being so tight and all. Maybe TK will put in a call and arrange a beer summit to settle this matter.

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm thinking 7mm mag, back to back, walk 1000 paces, turn, sit down drink a six pack (or a bottle of wine), say screw it and walk back, get in your cars and go home to a loving and beautiful wife.

I am pretty sure that drinking and driving is against the rules/law...... but depending on how much of a lightweight the other person is your plan could be genius!

fishfindergeneral
01-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Talk about minding your own business Pookie... What it comes down to is that I have permission to post my content here and I won't be bullied by someone who suffers from pure jealousy. It's really pathetic that a grown man thinks that this sort of bullying is ok. If he doesn't like my threads, he doesn't have to look at them. No one is forcing him to look..

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Steel cage pillow fight because we all sound like 13 year girls pissing and moaning about each other.

Pookie
01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Talk about minding your own business Pookie... What it comes down to is that I have permission to post my content here and I won't be bullied by someone who suffers from pure jealousy. It's really pathetic that a grown man thinks that this sort of bullying is ok. If he doesn't like my threads, he doesn't have to look at them. No one is forcing him to look..

I agree with you 100%

There's lots of threads here that don't interest me. I don't give a damn about a kayak or a flyrod or the Caney Fork River. If I click on one of them by accident, I get out of that thread as quickly as I got in it. 70 mph bass boats and limits of crappie...I'm all in.

agelesssone
01-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Man, this guy just ain't gonna let it go is he?

I'm a bully, I'm jealous, I'm pathetic, I'm a turd, c'mon fishy, tell us how you really feel.

And then take all these posts you've made here and post them on your website. Oughta be good advertising for your guide service.

I'd sure hate to be on a trip with you and lose a fish. You'd probably call me every name you could think of and then throw me overboard!

Uh, you will let me go fishing with you, won't you?

jad2t
01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Man, this guy just ain't gonna let it go is he?

I'm a bully, I'm jealous, I'm pathetic, I'm a turd, c'mon fishy, tell us how you really feel.

And then take all these posts you've made here and post them on your website. Oughta be good advertising for your guide service.

I'd sure hate to be on a trip with you and lose a fish. You'd probably call me every name you could think of and then throw me overboard!

Uh, you will let me go fishing with you, won't you?

So I take it you no longer are interested in splitting a guided trip with him for Walleye? :D

SAMBOLIE
01-14-2014, 06:03 PM
I normally would say real men only carry a .45 but I just recently traded my 1911 off and all I have left at the moment in a 9mm. I vote for a knife fight, much more personal.

Real men know that the ability to use it properly is more important than the size of the barrel.

MNfisher
01-14-2014, 06:08 PM
i finally found a good knot for fluorocarbon to braid the other day.

....double albright.

:d

jad2t
01-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Jimmy,

#1: I'm sure you are passionate about fishing, but the dedication I question...especially in comparison to my own. There have been several instances in which you have stated you were going, only to no-show for various reasons. I take offense to the comparison, even if I am not the direct object of it. I have gone on fishing forays that have lasted well over 24 hrs, in terrible conditions, in waters others consider "dangerous", and sacrificed more money than I should have searching for my next bite. If I invite someone, or hear someone say they will be there in a public forum/Facebook group, then I am disappointed if said person no-shows...especially due to less than perfect conditions.

#2: posting bass fishing locations on priest with a highly detailed rundown of technique, lures, etc is in no way equal to posting a detailed report on a hot striper bite in a confined area for 2 reasons: bass are infinitely more plentiful in our waters due to their ability to replenish the population, and bass can be found in a variety of locations and caught on a equally varying number of presentations. Stripers feeding on top in the confined channel of the GSP can easily be overfished by a handful of unscrupulous anglers, and increased boat traffic will shut down the bite, effectively "ruining" the bite. Please don't make the mistake of assuming that keeping silent is equivalent to being a "jerk." I have locations I have shared with a select few that I trust will not spread the info like gossip. I'm not a jerk, but I enjoy what I have found and have seen the potential of certain areas completely die due to loose lips. This isn't unique to me, either. There are plenty of stories about "how it used to be" due to this same reason.

As for the Facebook group, I have never encountered the attitude you expressed from any of the members...and I have become friends with a number of them. Perhaps the issue is not "everyone else."

Chris Bryant

I can't think of a single time I said I was for sure going and didn't show up so that's just factually incorrect. I have, however, said I would probably go and then didn't show either because I had misc responsibilities that I figured should get taken care of, or work. Sometimes I get called upon last minute to do some work over the weekend and there's nothing I can do about that. Not one time have I said I will definitely see you guys out there and was a no-show. Not once and that will never happen. Last weekend I assumed, and incorrectly, that the warmer temps would adversely affect the action there. I was also worried about water conditions. I'm very busy and I don't get to fish 3x a week like some. I pick my trips when I can and so I want to make them count and therefore want to go when conditions are favorable.

Just because I haven't ventured on a 24 hour non-stop fishing trip doesn't mean I'm any less dedicated to the sport. At this point it becomes a 'you-know-what' measuring contest if we're going to bring up individual fishing stories to prove who is more dedicated.

As of now I have 100% plans to get at the secret Rockfish hotspot Saturday morning. It's going to be cold as crap and I'm still planning to go if nothing gets in the way.

gboyce
01-14-2014, 06:23 PM
This is to funny to even read!! Do any or these post remind any of of Jerry Springer or is it just me?

Dakota
01-14-2014, 06:24 PM
A this time I would like to invite this forum to Joy Church in Mt Juliet. Hey we even have a new building with plenty of space. We can gather in a circle vent a little and then give big hugs to bring back the Love. LOL. Even tell your best fishing story. We cant go wrong here the Pastor is even a fisherman. Happy fishing to all. See you at the Steam Plant, I'm sure.

Dakota

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 06:35 PM
I At this point it becomes a 'you-know-what' measuring contest.

Fish measuring contest???? Becuase if so I have I have pictures of a nice thick, long Gar it took two hands to hold….. I need a good spot to catch some Rockfish this weekend anyone have any super secret spots??? I don't plan on fishing out of a kayak so I will be in the bass boat and I am all for motoring past people and screwing up their spots I could even push some of you plastic boats out of the way to get to this super secret spot. Don't PM me just post on a public message board please.

Pookie
01-14-2014, 06:45 PM
So I take it you no longer are interested in splitting a guided trip with him for Walleye? :D

Back to the 45's :D

See, if we had just had a duel in the first place, this would all be over by now.

** before you two shoot it out, would the two of you be kind enough to leave me your detailed gps coordinates?

Pookie
01-14-2014, 06:47 PM

Real men don't shoot anything that doesn't start with a 4.

Fish Whisperer
01-14-2014, 06:50 PM
TK and crew have put together the best fishing forum in Tennessee.. Disagreements will happen, feelings will get hurt, but fishingtn.com will still go on.
Let's get back to the inconsiderate people at the GSP and catching fish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jad2t
01-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Fish measuring contest???? Becuase if so I have I have pictures of a nice thick, long Gar it took two hands to hold….. I need a good spot to catch some Rockfish this weekend anyone have any super secret spots??? I don't plan on fishing out of a kayak so I will be in the bass boat and I am all for motoring past people and screwing up their spots I could even push some of you plastic boats out of the way to get to this super secret spot. Don't PM me just post on a public message board please.

That's what they all say, you know fishermen and their lies!

As far as a hotspot, there was this place on the Cumberland River but some guy mentioned that he caught a couple rockfish there one day. Next day there was like 300 boats there fishing. To make things worse, some of the fishermen kept their limit which we all know depletes fish populations until extinction. I'll be at GSP but there aren't any rockfish there. I'll just be fishing for Drum.

Travis C.
01-14-2014, 07:14 PM
** before you two shoot it out, would the two of you be kind enough to leave me your detailed gps coordinates?

lol...

XxthejuicexX
01-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Pookie, unless it's a .40. I miss my .45, I am thinking about getting a RIA tactical 1911 to fill the void in my life. I do like the 18 rounds of 9mm my M&P carries. Jimmy I always throw my fish back, so I don't deplete the bass population but I am starting to keep my crappie so JPP's crappie population is in trouble, dont't blame me if you guys don't catch anymore on that lake.

agelesssone
01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Pookie, I'm writing up a living will tonight, leaving the SD cards out of both of my graphs with every brushpile in both OH and JPP clearly marked.

The BIG fish icons will be where the rockfish and hybrids hang out and the medium sized icons will be where the trash fish like the green and brown carp, er, I mean, bass stack up and can be caught like bluegills. They do make tasty filets, especially the 14" and unders.

I'll have the wife get ahold of you in the event of my untimely demise, which could happen at any moment, given the ferocity of the pundits remarking on my fine attributes.

Use the SD cards in good health and think of me kindly as you haul another fish fry of LM and Sm bass over the side!

agelesssone
01-14-2014, 08:23 PM
TK, can I change my username to USELESSSONE? It has a bit of savoir-faire (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fsavoi r-faire&ei=f-LVUvWrA-jJsASCtoGYBQ&usg=AFQjCNFbgzWVM4M6479UWDgt7NgMZCaTeg&sig2=ocz4sEMi6uvBuglq9r5uEw&bvm=bv.59378465,d.cWc), a certain cache, albeit a uniqueness to it.

It would set me apart from the run of the mill names......well, you know which ones I'm talking about.http://fishingtn.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

txnative
01-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Real men know that the ability to use it properly is more important than the size of the barrel.

LOL

Chris Bryant

olddognewtrick
01-14-2014, 08:28 PM
"My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush."
Santee Cooper has alligators. I seen 'em! :p

Saltwaterwalt
01-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Walt, If you have read any of my post since you have been a member; I am sure you have heard me state many times that this is a family oriented Site.

Not only do I not approve of the profanity, name calling and really the general Jest of any verbal altercations ... Because all this does is interrupts the continuity of the FTI Family and membership and our objective.... NO I DON'T APPROVE !

Now FishingTN.com has been a community service for 16 years and what I have learned is, periodically the interruptions stick their nasty heads , either an issue like was just locked. or many other issues. My Staff and I have seen many over the years . For instance, Catch and Release or mentioning a sweet honey hole, etc. And as usual on both sides of the issue there are pros and cons ...

I am not going to take sides in any issue if the subject has merit and creates food for thought. But I will control the way it is being presented .. And if it gets out of hand I will stop it.

As far as a Set rule or Law about profanity and if used you are automatically barred. Well that is not going to happen ... Anyone can have a bad day at the office. Or maybe to many after dinner adult beverages, after a bad day at the office. There are to many laws, rules and government control in our daily lives now. I am not going to be a hypocrite and add more. Besides I would be foolish to add a law set in FTI concrete ... That I may even get barred..

Walt, I appreciate your thoughts ... I am going to go back and edit some of the posts to bring us back to "Family oriented status" .. Thanks again<'TK>< :)

Well TK, I appreciate your thoughts too. But you have to understand that if my grandson takes home a 'new word' (like an F-bomb) to his mommy, this here Peepaw is in some deep trouble! LOL

My simple fix is he won't be getting on this site anymore, unless I monitor it first. He really would've loved those great walleye photos!

I attended the FTI picnic this summer. Met some great folks there too. I hope everyone gets cooled back down so we can get on with comparing some fish notes again. Speaking of, I was down by the 109 bridge today and OH's water looks pretty decent despite the rain. Now go catch 'em and save them F-bombs for when a big OH rockfish breaks your line :)

tkwalker
01-15-2014, 01:58 AM
I went back over the post but did not see F-bombs ... will look again ... Sorry If I missed them ... Also I met you and your wife at the last gathering ... Rick Duty holds you in high regard for your fishing knowledge ...<'TK>< :)

tkwalker
01-15-2014, 02:21 AM
TK, can I change my username to USELESSSONE? It has a bit of savoir-faire (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fsavoi r-faire&ei=f-LVUvWrA-jJsASCtoGYBQ&usg=AFQjCNFbgzWVM4M6479UWDgt7NgMZCaTeg&sig2=ocz4sEMi6uvBuglq9r5uEw&bvm=bv.59378465,d.cWc), a certain cache, albeit a uniqueness to it.

It would set me apart from the run of the mill names......well, you know which ones I'm talking about.http://fishingtn.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

Merv, you are fluent in German ... Why are you throwing French at me ??? I have enough trouble with Pig Latin !!!! :eek: <'TK><:)

I can count in French ... La One, La two, La Peepie Lapeu

Also in Spanish ... El one, El two ... ... Just really kidding I can count in Spanish ... Check this out ... Dos Equix .... :eek:

tkwalker
01-15-2014, 02:26 AM
A this time I would like to invite this forum to Joy Church in Mt Juliet. Hey we even have a new building with plenty of space. We can gather in a circle vent a little and then give big hugs to bring back the Love. LOL. Even tell your best fishing story. We cant go wrong here the Pastor is even a fisherman. Happy fishing to all. See you at the Steam Plant, I'm sure.

Dakota

Way to go Dakota !! and Amen !! <'TK>< :)

tkwalker
01-15-2014, 02:41 AM

Then get up on Saturday morning and go fish for the species of your choosing, in your desired location, using the presentations you deem fit for the occasion.

May the fish gods smile on you, let you catch the species of your choosing, to be released into the grease or water, whatever.

And last, and most important, remember. It's trying to catch fish, not life and death.

Such a scholar (On occasions) :rolleyes: <'TK>< :)

tkwalker
01-15-2014, 03:25 AM
tk has the right idea. I didn't come here looking for rules. I'm a full grown man and i know how to act on the internet, and in person. I went back and looked at the thread(s) in question. Looks like there are some folks who can't mind their own business as well. If you step in the middle of a bar room fight to break it up, you do so with the full understanding that you are subject to catch a punch also.

When these little flare-ups happen, everyone should mind their own business and the two involved need to take it to private message. If i owned a guide service, the last thing i would do is get caught in a pissing match with someone over the internet, then follow that up with a link to my site. To each their own.

i am thinking that tk has a direct line to the white house, with barrack and tk being so tight and all. Maybe tk will put in a call and arrange a beer summit to settle this matter.

Yea ... Oh Barrack and I are tight ... First off Pookie is in Jest, and we all know about the Beer meeting that was supposed to settle everything ... Now if it was scotch I might reconsider ...

... As most of you know I am a Viet Nam Veteran during the Thet offensive 1968 ... I love my Country and more so my Flag ... If anyone tries to burn it in my presents .. someone is going to jail or will die to prevent it ... Most likely Me ...

I respect the office of the President of the United States... But if the President That holds this office today Phoned and said I was going to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor and wanted me to come to Washington so He could present it to me... .. I would say ... "Sir Respectfully I appreciate it ... But just mail it to Me "... And you can take this statement to my final words over my cremation ... And as Forrest Gump said ... "That's all I am going to say about that" ... <'TK>< :)

Hammy
01-15-2014, 07:13 AM
... As most of you know I am a Viet Nam Veteran during the Thet offensive 1968 ... TK

Tk, I shared a different hill from you in"68. I feel the same way.

Hammy

SAMBOLIE
01-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Another possibility is that you might risk me having a little fun by editing out your profanity in favor of something that amuses me. Example:

Hypothetical offending post: "TK Walker, you're a ###!!!"

Corrected post: "TK Walker, you're a better fisherman than I am!!!"

As a warning to the participants of the current pee-pee measuring contest that keeps popping up over and over from one thread to another endlessly: if this doesn't stop soon, I might just sit down at my computer tonight with a glass of wine and do a little "creative editing" on your posts like that to shut it down. :)

bd

bd, I think you are late to the party. Do you really believe these hostilities are from milk drinkers. ;)

txnative
01-15-2014, 06:01 PM
bd,

I volunteer to have my posts creatively edited, I'm all for humor at my expense :D

Chris Bryant

tkwalker
01-17-2014, 01:44 AM
This thread is open ..... <'TK>< :)