PDA

View Full Version : TWRA TARP Program

goreds.king
01-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Is TWRA still doing the TARP program? I caught this gem at the steam plant on Saturday. In years past I set goals to catch a TARP fish...this would be the first one I qualify for.

Alphahawk
01-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Yes...and yes....that one surely qualifies.....LOL. Nice catch.

Regards

goreds.king
01-13-2014, 10:26 AM
I wish I could have kept him for lunch, but I didn't come prepared. I went straight from the lake to my kid’s basketball games then to work signups for our rec baseball league. Since I wasn’t targeting sauger I didn’t bring a cooler to keep him.

Not to worry, I will be back to catch him at a later date.

txnative
01-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Every sauger angler here is gonna get big eyes when they see your pic, goreds...I know I did when I saw you lift that toad out of the water.

Chris Bryant

blink
01-13-2014, 10:47 AM
i really want to go with youguys sometime.
i think i can go this weekend if anyone is going.

jad2t
01-13-2014, 11:16 AM
i really want to go with youguys sometime.
i think i can go this weekend if anyone is going.

I keep trying to go Saturday mornings and it doesn't work out. Didn't want to go this Saturday because I was worried the water quality would be crap and also it wasn't cold. Cold causes all the shad to stack up in that warm discharge and then initiates the feeding conveyor belt.

Looks like this coming satuday will be quite chilly and rain free so as of now I have 100% sure plans to go. Let's do it.

jad2t
01-13-2014, 11:16 AM
And Goreds, awesome catch!!

Travis C.
01-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Nice one!

blink
01-13-2014, 11:35 AM
I keep trying to go Saturday mornings and it doesn't work out. Didn't want to go this Saturday because I was worried the water quality would be crap and also it wasn't cold. Cold causes all the shad to stack up in that warm discharge and then initiates the feeding conveyor belt.

Looks like this coming satuday will be quite chilly and rain free so as of now I have 100% sure plans to go. Let's do it.

Sounds good to me!

creekcrappie
01-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Nice fish!

jad2t
01-13-2014, 11:38 AM
I wish I could have kept him for lunch, but I didn't come prepared. I went straight from the lake to my kid’s basketball games then to work signups for our rec baseball league. Since I wasn’t targeting sauger I didn’t bring a cooler to keep him.

Not to worry, I will be back to catch him at a later date.

What a shame, that guy would have been destined for some hot coconut oil if that had been in my kayak!

txnative
01-13-2014, 11:53 AM

Water temps take a lot more time to change than air temps. The bait is not going anywhere anytime soon. The only negative about the air temps being mild is that more boats will be on the water. There really is no reason/excuse to stay home if you want to catch fish...they are biting pretty consistently, it's all a matter of getting up and going.

Chris Bryant

agelesssone
01-13-2014, 03:00 PM
That is one nice sauger there! It's a shame you couldn't keep it. Awesome eats it would have been.

fishfindergeneral
01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Nice sauger, though I'd have thought it would have been a little more girthy this late in the winter. As far as the TARP goes, I helped a client from the weekend fill out two, one for a big walleye and one for a 20 inch smallie...

tacklemake
01-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Real nice catch thank you for the report...............woody

jaycee
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Dale Hollow is the TARP lake. My wife has two TARP certs from one weekend. Small Mouth and Shell Cracker/Red Ear. Small Mouth caught on a cricket.