PDA

View Full Version : old hickory lake fishing report 1/12/2014

tacklemake
01-12-2014, 06:29 PM
I went out for a little while today and started looking in the deeper water, but if you don't have a GPS or side finder it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack when it comes to brush piles. After the first hour of not finding any brush piles and the wind picking up so I headed for the cove. The water temp was around 46.2 so I started working the 4 to 5' water with the scrap jig I had made that had a chartreuse head black body yellow tail in 1/16 oz with no luck. So I went with the slider jig and had 3 hits with no takers so I called it a day. So till the next time out ...............woody

Halli
01-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Good try any how

lots a Luck for next time!

Dakota
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Woody join us at the gsp if u don't mind a few boats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

creekcrappie
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
It is very hard to find brush piles if you don't have a depth finder. It is even hard to find them with a depth finder!

Jim
01-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Before I had a good depthfinder, I used a deep diving crankbait to locate stumps and brush piles. Once you find them with the crankbait, stay on top of it and fish it with jigs or minnows. Great thing about the crankbait is you will catch fish while hunting for brush piles.

Jim

sidthesquid
01-18-2014, 09:34 AM
I went out for a little while today and started looking in the deeper water, but if you don't have a GPS or side finder it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack when it comes to brush piles. After the first hour of not finding any brush piles and the wind picking up so I headed for the cove. The water temp was around 46.2 so I started working the 4 to 5' water with the scrap jig I had made that had a chartreuse head black body yellow tail in 1/16 oz with no luck. So I went with the slider jig and had 3 hits with no takers so I called it a day. So till the next time out ...............woody
I had the same bad luck.Found out that I will not be fishing with Jack anymore.He tells me he is moving to South Carolina.Got anybody in mind that somebody else can take me out to fish here in Md?

tacklemake
01-18-2014, 11:11 PM
I had the same bad luck.Found out that I will not be fishing with Jack anymore.He tells me he is moving to South Carolina.Got anybody in mind that somebody else can take me out to fish here in Md?

Not off hand I guess you will have to start bank fishing at Fort Smallwood or Downs Park in the spring..............woody P.S. Wish you were here my friend I would take you fishing and it would be like before you and I joking around on the water.