PDA

View Full Version : Gulp Alive baits, anyone use them?

Tnriverluver
01-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Thinking about ordering some Gulp 1in minnows, worms, and a few others for bream and crappie fishing. Often now thru the end of March, live bait is very hard to come by around here. Just wondering if anyone has used any of the Gulp baits and had success with them?

Fish Whisperer
01-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I've bought some and have had no luck with em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pinwheeled
01-10-2014, 08:24 PM
I've done well with them for crappie and bass. I drop shot quite a bit with the 3 and 4." 1" is great on a jighead for crappie. Have also caught channel cat on them while crappie fishing.

dannys07
01-11-2014, 07:11 AM
I use the little sauces the crickets and almost any of the small ones on a #6 or #8 hook with a small split shot and floater the crickets I cut in half this is the best bait for bluegill and some other species well worth the money the maggots are real good to they last a lot longer than the real stuff to be use in these products for over 10 years good luck GOD Bless

Tnriverluver
01-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Enough positives I'm going to go ahead and order some. Crickets are my go to bait for bream and last year I averaged 100-200 per trip. Lots of fun to say the least. I am just now getting into crappie fishing after being mainly a bass fisherman for over 40 years and minnows are impossible to find locally when the bait shops at the TWRA lakes are closed. I mainly troll crankbaits or jigs right now but want to widen my options. Thanks for the feedback!

dannys07
01-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Went this morning fished for about 1 he caught around 50 bluegill kept 32 used 1/2 of a cricket brown one of the gulp alive product put the other half back in the jar use the next time would have fished longer but my cranking battery died so I figured I'd better not waste to much time and tripled back to the ramp luckily I wasn't to far from the ramp was going to get a bunch of gills then go after some crappie maybe next time good luck GOD bless

MNfisher
01-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Sounds like fun! What lake were you on?

dannys07
01-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Old hickory

sidthesquid
01-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Enough positives I'm going to go ahead and order some. Crickets are my go to bait for bream and last year I averaged 100-200 per trip. Lots of fun to say the least. I am just now getting into crappie fishing after being mainly a bass fisherman for over 40 years and minnows are impossible to find locally when the bait shops at the TWRA lakes are closed. I mainly troll crankbaits or jigs right now but want to widen my options. Thanks for the feedback!
if you can't get minnows for crappy fishing,you can use frozen "cocktail"shrimp that can be bought at the local food market.When you are through,place the thawed shrimp on a towel to drain the liquid and then ad table salt to make them brine.Put the brine shrimp in the freezer for future use.

sidthesquid
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Thinking about ordering some Gulp 1in minnows, worms, and a few others for bream and crappie fishing. Often now thru the end of March, live bait is very hard to come by around here. Just wondering if anyone has used any of the Gulp baits and had success with them?
I use "Gulp" bait(in the bottle )and fish them in saltwater.Black seabass love them