PDA

View Full Version : Ride 115 Kayak

Alphahawk
01-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I am selling my Ride 115 in Knot Right camo. The boat has the elevated seat and has an anchor trolley installed. It also has some additional gear tracks that I installed and the soft foot pads....and a little STS inside the boat also. The boat is in good condition and has been kept in the garage. It does have scratches on the bottom of the hull as I fished this boat quite a bit since purchasing it new in March 2013. Nothing else comes with the boat as I will be getting a new one and will need to keep all my accessories. The boat is located in Spring Hill. I want seven hundred for the boat. Anyone interested can PM me. Thanks for looking.

Regards

goreds.king
01-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Alphahawk...what are you looking at getting?

Alphahawk
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Alphahawk...what are you looking at getting?

I am going to get the new Big Game Prowler II or the Predator 13. I am waiting on Johnson...Old Town.....and Ocean Kayak to get back with me about the transducer scupper holes in each kayak about will a Humminbird side imaging transducer work. Both kayak companies have told me yes but when looking at the two kayaks yesterday it is evident that the Big Game II hole is not really large enough to accept the si transducer....even though Ocean Kayak says it will work. Both of those kayaks have a recessed area in one scupper hole that will allow you to mount a transducer safely. You can tell the Predators recessed area was made for a si transducer but I am thinking they are wrong about the Big Game II. I am going to put a 1000 dollar unit on the boat and want to make sure the transducer works in those scupper mounts.....and is protected. I could mount the sonar on the Ride but would have to mount it with transducer hanging over the side but don't really want to do that....but guess I will if I have to. Both boats by the way are awesome....but that BG Prowler is a bad looking boat!

Regards

goreds.king
01-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Alphahawk, I’ve got an Old Town Predator 13 and so far I love it! If you are ever up towards Nashville and looking to paddle one give me a shout.

I've seen a few pictures of the Prowler II and it looks very similar to the Predator (which makes sense both being made by Johnson). The Predator is a hefty boat and the transducer scupper I’m wasn’t happy with (only knocks on the boat so far). I’ve got a Hummingbird 346c DI. No matter how I worked it, the transducer wouldn’t fit all the way in the recessed hole. A very small portion of the transducer would be exposed. Instead of spending money now to install it I’m using the mad frog liberator arm to hang it over the side (since I already had one). I’ll revisit this later.

The boat is rock solid. I’ve been out multiple times for more than 4 hours and found the seat to be a lot more enjoyable than my Perception Pescador. It has A LOT of rigging options. I’ve got a few more things to rig up, but I’m very pleased so far. If you have any questions or would like me to send you any pictures of how I have it rigged let me know. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Hammy
01-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Alphahawk, will yours look like this ?

Hammy

Alphahawk
01-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Alphahawk, will yours look like this ?

Hammy

No....LOL. That looks nice though.

Regards

Alphahawk
01-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Alphahawk, I’ve got an Old Town Predator 13 and so far I love it! If you are ever up towards Nashville and looking to paddle one give me a shout.

I've seen a few pictures of the Prowler II and it looks very similar to the Predator (which makes sense both being made by Johnson). The Predator is a hefty boat and the transducer scupper I’m wasn’t happy with (only knocks on the boat so far). I’ve got a Hummingbird 346c DI. No matter how I worked it, the transducer wouldn’t fit all the way in the recessed hole. A very small portion of the transducer would be exposed. Instead of spending money now to install it I’m using the mad frog liberator arm to hang it over the side (since I already had one). I’ll revisit this later.

The boat is rock solid. I’ve been out multiple times for more than 4 hours and found the seat to be a lot more enjoyable than my Perception Pescador. It has A LOT of rigging options. I’ve got a few more things to rig up, but I’m very pleased so far. If you have any questions or would like me to send you any pictures of how I have it rigged let me know. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Thanks for the help....much appreciated. I have been on the phone for two days with Humminbird....Old Town.....and Ocean Kayak....which is same tech support as Old Town. There is no way that a side imaging transducer will fit in the Prowler II scupper mount. I asked the guy why they did not change it and he said that they had always used the XTH 9 20 P in the Prowler line of boats and it had worked well....but that transducer does not support si or di. So playing devils advocate I asked him why put a scupper mount on a boat very similar made by same company that can use the side imaging transducer...meaning the Predator 13....as si is really coming on fast and why would a guy not want an si unit in a Big Game Prowler II. His reply "You've got us there"....LOL. He said they should have and it will probably come in a later model year version down the road. I like both of those boats but the BG II weighs 16 pounds less than the Predator 13. I don't know if my repaired rotator cuffs can handle the extra weight of the Predator. I really don't want to mount that transducer over the side but may be forced to. No secret I am fat and can't lean as far forward as younger and slender guys to fold up my transducer arm before beaching kayak. Does your mounting setup get in the way of your paddle stroke? I guess that is something all of us have to find where our stroke is at on a boat. I have a Ram transducer arm kit but may need to look at the Mad Frog Liberator pads.....just when one thinks it is all settled you find out it's not...LOL.

Regards

goreds.king
01-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the help....much appreciated. I have been on the phone for two days with Humminbird....Old Town.....and Ocean Kayak....which is same tech support as Old Town. There is no way that a side imaging transducer will fit in the Prowler II scupper mount. I asked the guy why they did not change it and he said that they had always used the XTH 9 20 P in the Prowler line of boats and it had worked well....but that transducer does not support si or di. So playing devils advocate I asked him why put a scupper mount on a boat very similar made by same company that can use the side imaging transducer...meaning the Predator 13....as si is really coming on fast and why would a guy not want an si unit in a Big Game Prowler II. His reply "You've got us there"....LOL. He said they should have and it will probably come in a later model year version down the road. I like both of those boats but the BG II weighs 16 pounds less than the Predator 13. I don't know if my repaired rotator cuffs can handle the extra weight of the Predator. I really don't want to mount that transducer over the side but may be forced to. No secret I am fat and can't lean as far forward as younger and slender guys to fold up my transducer arm before beaching kayak. Does your mounting setup get in the way of your paddle stroke? I guess that is something all of us have to find where our stroke is at on a boat. I have a Ram transducer arm kit but may need to look at the Mad Frog Liberator pads.....just when one thinks it is all settled you find out it's not...LOL.

Regards

My setup does not get in the way of my paddle stroke. I've got it on the front of the first mounting plate. Check this thread...I've got a couple pictures of it (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=7769). The liberator works fine, but I wish is was a little more in the water (which I believe the RAM arm would be). When I revist my transducer situation I may be getting the RAM arm.

Transplanted Sportsman
01-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Alpha, I have my SI transducer on the side of my ride 115 on a liberator, I found hard at the begining to fold the transducer arm out of the way while beaching the kayak but I placed the transducer on the track and the closest to me I could, trimmed my seat almost all the way forward and moved the feet support to the proper distance and this way the transducer arm is well within reach even though I have a bad back, it has not got in the way of paddling although I have not done much of it when I have taken the yak out, I have never seen scupper holes big enough for a SI transducer, they are 2 times bigger than most ducers i've seen on a kayak

Alphahawk
01-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Alpha, I have my SI transducer on the side of my ride 115 on a liberator, I found hard at the begining to fold the transducer arm out of the way while beaching the kayak but I placed the transducer on the track and the closest to me I could, trimmed my seat almost all the way forward and moved the feet support to the proper distance and this way the transducer arm is well within reach even though I have a bad back, it has not got in the way of paddling although I have not done much of it when I have taken the yak out, I have never seen scupper holes big enough for a SI transducer, they are 2 times bigger than most ducers i've seen on a kayak

Thanks TS......your right about the size of scupper holes...but the scupper hole on a Predator 13 will accept an si transducer. It's quite large and was designed for that transducer....but that is one heavy boat....LOL.

Regards

Transplanted Sportsman
01-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Predator 13 will accept an si transducer. It's quite large and was designed for that transducer....but that is one heavy boat....LOL.

Regards

that is a nice yak Alpha!, I tell you what I'm only 41 and depending on the day and if my arthritis is acting up the ride 115 feels like 200 lbs to me Lol!! I'm glad I don't have to carry it very far on the places I fish

goreds.king
01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
...Predator 13 will accept an si transducer. It's quite large and was designed for that transducer....but that is one heavy boat....LOL.

It’s hefty for sure. I sold my jon boat but kept the trailer. I use the trailer to transport the Predator. It’s a lot easier to load and unload off a trailer vs. my truck.

Hammy
01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
goreds.king, do you use a cart for your yak or just back it into the water?

Hammy

goreds.king
01-09-2014, 06:54 PM
I just back it in the water. One good push to unload and one good pull to load. Pretty easy.

Alphahawk
01-09-2014, 07:42 PM
I have the Malone Micro Sport XT trailer and I was thinking of taking it to a machine shop and have them lower the cross bar by about 6 inches.....it would make a big difference for me loading and unloading.

Regards

olddognewtrick
01-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Is that the freedom elite seating?
What is STS? It's meaning is escaping me, or being a rookie I have never come across it. :)

Alphahawk
01-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Is that the freedom elite seating?
What is STS? It's meaning is escaping me, or being a rookie I have never come across it. :)

STS stands for Silent Traction System. It is now called I think Conceal. What it does is dampen noise. I have it under my anchor trolley pulleys so they don't bang up against the boat. A lot of folks put this down in quite a few areas of the boat to make the boat more stealthy......such as in the floor area for when a rod drops to the floor it will dampen the noise. The seat is the Wilderness Systems AirPro Freedom Elite Elevated Seat. That seat is adjustable front to back on the move to trim the boat out if you so want. It is a pretty neat feature. It is the current latest seat Wilderness has for their boats. Hope this has answered your questions.

Regards

Alphahawk
01-12-2014, 02:53 PM
The kayak is sold. Thanks for looking.

Regards

txnative
01-12-2014, 06:10 PM
The kayak is sold. Thanks for looking.

Regards

Congrats :)

Chris Bryant

Alphahawk
01-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Congrats :)

Chris Bryant

Thanks Chris.....now decisions decisions.....LOL.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Reel Tune
01-13-2014, 08:27 AM
Congrats, someone got them a nice kayak. Now it's time to decide, the weather will be getting warm soon hopefully.

olddognewtrick
01-13-2014, 02:44 PM
You'll see that very same 115 under my butt soon enough! :D

Reel Tune
01-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Congratulations olddognewtrick. It will compliment the Pro Angler very well.

Alphahawk
01-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Its a good boat. I know it will serve you well.

Regards