PDA

View Full Version : Boat Seats

TNBronzeback
01-06-2014, 04:38 PM
After sitting in the boat for 2 days, i have what we called Bucket Back after ice fishing up in Michigan.
The ones i currently have are the all vinyl hinged type with the snap.
I need something thats going to give more support and comfort.
Ive kinda looked at prices, and i have no problem spending the money for 2 good comfy seats, but with big money comes big questions. Aside from the usual Bass Pro, Cabela's, Gander Mountain, anybody have any suggestions for new boat seats? or even what seats they would not recommend?
Thanks.

bfish
01-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Tempress either the Navistyle or All-weather. Navistyle is slightly more comfortable but the All-weather last longer (and pads can be changed out).

wormdunker
01-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Try Iboats.com -- Google "boat seat blowout" and it should come up. They had some awesome prices on good seats for clearance before Christmas, not sure what's left, but worth a look.

TNBronzeback
01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys! i will check those sites out for sure.
I think that boat & fishing show is coming up the first weekend in february and maybe if i find something there i will try the wheel and deal route!

SAMBOLIE
01-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Have you tried craigslist?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/bod/4271797667.html

TNBronzeback
01-07-2014, 10:20 AM
no i didnt check there, but i will certainly keep an eye out on there as well!

Transplanted Sportsman
01-07-2014, 01:12 PM
check out Academy, I recently bought some there paid less than half for what they sell at BPS, and the quality is good, can't remember the brand sorry, bought some camo high back seats, wider and taller and a heck of a lot comfier than what I used to have (wally world stuff)

agelesssone
01-08-2014, 09:11 AM
I've bought seats from the Craigslist ad posted by SAMBOLIE. The guy refits a lot of boats and has tons of stuff for boats and at a good price too. It'd be worth driving to Hendersonville and check it out.

TNBronzeback
01-08-2014, 03:22 PM
yeah i seen that add posted, he has a pretty good stock. where is he located in Hendersonville? is it an actual store or is it a "van parked in the alley behind walmart" kinda operation?
either way im fine with, i just need something a little more forgiving than what i have now! LOL.
i need to have a comfy seat to sit and cry in when i loose my prized baits on snags in the river!

agelesssone
01-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Not really a " van parked in an alley", kinda more like a 20,000 sq. ft. warehouse off of Gallatin Pike.

Google it for the address or check the craiglist link.

Pookie
01-10-2014, 08:18 AM
I just replaced the seats in my Skeeter with these: http://www.helmchair.com/

You can spec out the style and color combo, and the shipping is very fast. It took them maybe 2 weeks from the time I ordered to build and ship my seats.