PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Dam 1-4-14

TNBronzeback
01-06-2014, 10:22 AM
We had the place all to ourselves. got 7 saugers with 5 keepers. couldnt fish how/where we wanted to due to heavy generation and the gates spilling water as well, but it was a good day. The wind made it had to jig but once we got on track and a good drift, we got bit. Rolled some bigger fish on the hook set in a little deeper water, they were all short strikers.
at dark we went up into the lock area and got some crappies and largermouth. a ton of gills up in there right now.
Hoping the generation slows up a little or they stop spilling so i can get after them whites. i know they are there, we just couldnt fish the right way for em with the heavy current.
Pretty good day overall though considering the gail force winds.

Alphahawk
01-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Glad you caught fish...especially in those conditions.

Regards

TNBronzeback
01-06-2014, 10:55 AM
thanks!
yeah it was tough. you fight to keep control over the boat for what seems like hours and you finally get on a good pass, you feel the tap, you set the hook, feel 1-2 head shakes then it breaks off! LOL.
losing fish isnt that bad if i can see what they are/were, but when i lose them before seeing what it was, that bugs me! It just rubs a little more salt in the wound in my book! LOL