PDA

View Full Version : Windy Cumberland today

agelesssone
01-05-2014, 05:24 PM
http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/agelesssone/media/Sauger_zpsf450b2ac.jpg.html?filters[user]=132687724&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0Fished out of Hunter's Point today, looking for sauger in the river.

Caught three, one 13 1/2, one 14 1/2, and one 15 inches.

Between the wind blowing 25 MPH downriver and the dam pulling 34,500, boat control was very difficult. I found the fish but couldn't stay on them long enough to do any damage to them.

Luckily, I got tired of being blown around and I headed for the ramp. Five minutes on the road and here came the rain. Just beat it.

Then my lovely wife texts me and says she pulled her van OUT OF THE GARAGE so I can put the boat in. She knew it was wet and everything would be a solid block of ice tomorrow. Gotta love a woman like that

!http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/agelesssone/media/Sauger_zpsf450b2ac.jpg.html?filters[user]=132687724&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Alphahawk
01-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I bet that wind was rough. Oh yes....gotta appreciate a good woman.

Regards

wormdunker
01-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Now, if she cleans your fish, I'd say keep her.

agelesssone
01-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Wormdunker, that's my job.

She cooked an awesome dinner of pork chops, broccoli, mashed sweet potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms. I didn't mind two minutes with an electric filet knife to come up with four nice filets for tomorrow night's dinner.

Plus, I might add, she is really gorgeous!

SAMBOLIE
01-06-2014, 07:39 PM

She cooked an awesome dinner of pork chops, broccoli, mashed sweet potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms. I didn't mind two minutes with an electric filet knife to come up with four nice filets for tomorrow night's dinner.

I do not know what you used for bait (also do not want to know) but she sounds like a keeper.

wormdunker
01-06-2014, 09:40 PM

Nice catch! Congrats

nomad60
01-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Wow, you were out yesterday in that weather? My hat's off to you, sir.

I keep my boat in the garage all the time, which means my SUV is parked outside while my wife gets to keep her SUV in the garage. Many times I have brought up the fact that since I leave early every morning, HER vehicle should be the one outside so that I don't have to deal with the iced up windshield. Her comeback: "Your boat is in your parking space." Heartless, she is.

TNBronzeback
01-07-2014, 03:01 PM
i keep my boat in my fiances garage! she has no interest in parking her car in her garage and my truck wont fit, so the boat has a warm, dry, happy home!
i would rather the boat stay in there than my truck anyways to be honest.

nomad60
01-07-2014, 03:20 PM
i keep my boat in my fiances garage! she has no interest in parking her car in her garage and my truck wont fit, so the boat has a warm, dry, happy home!
i would rather the boat stay in there than my truck anyways to be honest.

Heck yeah, one has to protect the most important asset :)