PDA

View Full Version : Trout magnets

MattC
01-05-2014, 03:31 AM
Been fishing them for a while and never really understood. What are they supposed to be or imitate? And has anyone used the Mimi magnets for fly rods? Been using the big ones on my fly rod and wonder if they will be as successful.

tcintn
01-05-2014, 08:48 AM
I have used the mini's on fly rod.When I put the one I want on the small jig head,I use some Wal-Mart super glue with a brush and put some on jig head and glue T M on.
The biggest trout I have caught this year was on a white mini T M on the Caney and a pink on the Little Red.

Hammy
01-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Ed, will this same glue trick work with the regular size TM?

Hammy

tcintn
01-05-2014, 09:07 AM
yes,I carry the bottle in my vest so when the one on gets torn. If I do not have another already glued,I put one on,slide it back down,glue it and push T M back on.

agelesssone
01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
We've been doing the super glue trick for years with our crappie jigs and plastic bodies.

Went with a guide on Ky Lake one time and he had one hundred 1/8th jigheads with four different colored twister tails "pre-glued" for the trip.

If you'd break one off, just grab another tie it on and keep fishing.

I always have a tube or two in my boat, some in tackle boxes, etc.

AND it works great if you cut yourself. You can wipe the wound clean and crazy glue the skin back together. Works great and have done it twice now, once on me and once on a friend.

Alphahawk
01-05-2014, 12:22 PM
We've been doing the super glue trick for years with our crappie jigs and plastic bodies.

Went with a guide on Ky Lake one time and he had one hundred 1/8th jigheads with four different colored twister tails "pre-glued" for the trip.

If you'd break one off, just grab another tie it on and keep fishing.

I always have a tube or two in my boat, some in tackle boxes, etc.

AND it works great if you cut yourself. You can wipe the wound clean and crazy glue the skin back together. Works great and have done it twice now, once on me and once on a friend.

That glue is amazing stuff. Good idea you have there Merv...I need to do that. You know my whole knee replacement involved nothing but glue for mounting and closure of the incision. There is not even a screw from the artificial knee to the bone...it is all glue. When I showed up at the ortho rehab here in Columbia there were about 10 other knee replacements in the facility. I was the only one that was glued up. I could shower...do anything I wanted. Those others had to wait a while to get the incision area wet. Plus a few of them had some infection and oozing from the staples and stitches...but not with the glue....pretty amazing to me.

Regards

Hammy
01-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Do you have a link or something to find the glue you use? I searched walmart website and found several types.

Hammy

tcintn
01-06-2014, 04:21 PM
The one with the brush in it.:)

Hammy
01-06-2014, 04:28 PM
The one with the brush in it.:)

Gee thanks.............

Hammy

tcintn
01-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Hammy i am serious.They have different type and there is a small bottle with a brush and it works find for putting glue on jig head.

Hammy
01-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Hey Ed, I know you were. You'll just have to get to know me.

I went to Wally World tonight and found some LOCTITE Super GlueBrush-on. Dries in 10 seconds. Thanks.

Hammy

Hammy
01-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Super Glued my TM to the hooks. Works well. Thanks for the tip.

Hammy