PDA

View Full Version : UPS lost my package.

XxthejuicexX
01-03-2014, 03:24 PM
So, my Lowrance elite 7 was due in today and UPS has lost it. I was looking forward to hooking it up and hitting the water tomorrow with it. UPS said it could take 8-10 days to get it sorted out so needless to say I am not a happy camper at the moment.

olddognewtrick
01-03-2014, 03:40 PM
You should contact the seller. Many times orgs like Amazon and some of the smaller companies will send out a fresh package with the agreement you will send them the second one you receive. Or they may recall the original shipment.
Worth a shot.

XxthejuicexX
01-03-2014, 04:03 PM
I have contacted both the seller and UPS. It's in the hands of UPS at the moment. The seller said that it was insured so they would replace it but to let UPS see if they can find it first. I am just bummed because I was looking forward to using it tomorrow.

Travis C.
01-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I would want them to go ahead and replace it. Then you can refuse it if that unit shows. There is no telling what has happened to it since being "lost."

agelesssone
01-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Another reason to go Humminbird. They use FedEx. Called and ASKED for a new ferrite filter for my 597 HD di unit to knock out the electrical interference from my Terrova trolling motor. "Sure, no problem". It arrived two days later via FedEx.
Same thing on Dec. 26th. ASKED for new ferrite filter and filtered power cable for my 2007 997 c SI. Same thing, "No Problem" They arrived THE NEXT DAY, Dec. 27th, via FedEx.

Oh....and there was no charge for anything! They were fixing a known problem at their expense. This is how you build customer loyalty. Guess what brand my next graph/chart plotter/fishfinder will be?

tkwalker
01-03-2014, 09:27 PM
another reason to go humminbird. They use fedex. Called and asked for a new ferrite filter for my 597 hd di unit to knock out the electrical interference from my terrova trolling motor. "sure, no problem". It arrived two days later via fedex.
Same thing on dec. 26th. Asked for new ferrite filter and filtered power cable for my 2007 997 c si. Same thing, "no problem" they arrived the next day, dec. 27th, via fedex.

Oh....and there was no charge for anything! They were fixing a known problem at their expense. This is how you build customer loyalty. Guess what brand my next graph/chart plotter/fishfinder will be?

x-2

XxthejuicexX
01-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Well the shipping issues have nothing to do with lowrance. I ordered it from Digital oasis out of florida and they shipped it UPS. I found out what happened to the package though. It was apparently shipped to the Amazon fulfilment center here in murfreesboro…… I spoke with the shipper and they have the copy of the label and it has my business addresse on it so it's all on UPS for the screw up. I spoke with amazon and they said that it happens all the time and that when they sort it they will send it back to UPS so they can ship it to me. Who knows how long that takes. I am going to call UPS monday.

thehick176
01-04-2014, 01:48 PM
UPS lost one of my daughters Christmas presents this year. I know they handle a ton of packages this time of year but they should have been more prepared. I don't recommend UPS at all

Alphahawk
01-04-2014, 02:08 PM
I order a ton of stuff online being an amazon prime member since all my shipping costs are paid up front for one year for 2 day shipping for only 79 bucks. I mean I get something probably every week..or more often....as I order anything I use at home that is cheaper than buying it locally such as coffee...cleaning products...anything....I hate going to the store. If you use either FedEX...UPS....USPS long enough all of them are going to lose something. I get quite a bit of stuff that is shipped by Smart Post. That is a combination of USPS making the delivery to your home after FedEx has made the long haul part. That is the one I have the most trouble with but I have to admit I don't have much lost compared to what I order...very rarely actually...no matter who the shipper is. As Travis mentioned a lot of companies will ship you a new item out right away and just have you refuse the package if it shows up. I know though that it is frustrating to be expecting an item and it gets lost somewhere. Which Elite 7 unit did you get?

Regards

thehick176
01-04-2014, 04:40 PM
I work for a transportation company and know first hand the routine from the shipper to the consignee. UPS dropped the ball this year and a lot of their employees will tell you that. Online shopping this year exploded and a lot of companies weren't prepared for it.

bfish
01-04-2014, 06:50 PM
FedEx is horrible in my area. Lots of damage packages, late drop offs. Left in the rain at garage door, rather than on the covered porch. Drivers driving way to fast through the neighborhood, too. I am sure other locations they are just fine.

That said, I have had late packages with all of them. I have yet to have a no show. However, don't get me started on airlines and lost luggage.

SAMBOLIE
01-04-2014, 07:04 PM
FedEx is horrible in my area. Lots of damage packages, late drop offs. Left in the rain at garage door, rather than on the covered porch. Drivers driving way to fast through the neighborhood, too. I am sure other locations they are just fine.

That said, I have had late packages with all of them. I have yet to have a no show. However, don't get me started on airlines and lost luggage.

Could you elaborate on this please? :)

XxthejuicexX
01-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Alpha I got the elite 7 HDI Base combo model sonar/gps. No DI because I don't care for that funtion. I am going to talk with UPS Monday and if they have nothing good for me I am going to ask the shipper to send me another. I have never had any issues with UPS or anyone really. I just think like you guys are saying UPS got overwhelmed.

bfish
01-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Could you elaborate on this please? :)

If you are frequent flyer, you will experience your luggage not making it to your destination. My layovers are always 45 min-1.5 hr long. If I can physical walk from one side of the airport to the other, with time to use the restroom, go through a fast food line, eat my food etc. THEN go sit on a plane for 10-20 minutes before moving, yet my luggage can't make it, there is something wrong. Yet it happens to me at least once a year (and I only travel during a couple months in the summer (8-12 trips)). Filling out the paper work AFTER waiting at baggage claim usually takes at least another 30 minutes (usually closer to 1 hour). Nothing is more stressful than starting your work week with no clothes or workboots.

Alphahawk
01-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Spending 24 years of my life working out of the country I have lost more than my share of luggage. During my 21 years working in Saudi I made a lot of trips back and forth....sometimes a many as 8 in a year. I learned very early in my career to have a big carry on bag. When we flew on company business we had to fly Saudia Airlines......it was in the contract. Many times I took that flight from New York direct to Saudi. Soon learned on that route that your luggage would go to Djibouti. Sometimes you got it back and other times you never saw it again....and Saudia was not good about paying up when your luggage was lost. So I soon learned that on a return flight from company business to only bring what I could get in my carry on. It is nice being retired...I made a vow to never fly again when I left Saudi for good....and except for a trip to El Paso for a good friends 60th birthday party I have kept that vow. I just got to where I hated flying and all that went with it. I realize many folks have to fly for whatever the reason....I am just glad I don't have to go through the hassle anymore.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
01-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Got the Elite 7 friday along with my Tackle warehouse order…… I'm going to need a few more storage trays.

Pookie
01-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Another reason to go Humminbird. They use FedEx. Called and ASKED for a new ferrite filter for my 597 HD di unit to knock out the electrical interference from my Terrova trolling motor. "Sure, no problem". It arrived two days later via FedEx.
Same thing on Dec. 26th. ASKED for new ferrite filter and filtered power cable for my 2007 997 c SI. Same thing, "No Problem" They arrived THE NEXT DAY, Dec. 27th, via FedEx.

I am a licensed firearms dealer and have experience with both Fed-Ex and UPS. Presently, I have told all of my vendors that I will only accept shipments from UPS. The Fed-Ex terminal in Murfreesboro has some of the rudest bastards in the world working there. After 3 or 4 incidents with their knowitall at the counter, I decided that was enough. On the other hand, I have the UPS driver's cell phone number in my phone. He calls me when he has a pkg, or if I miss him, I call him. Personal service like that is hard to beat.

Hammy
01-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Pookie, one of my customer / suppliers does the same thing with UPS /FEDX due to the same attitudes you have experienced. FEDX will pull up, blow the horn and thru the package out the back door.

Hammy

XxthejuicexX
01-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Pookie, you had I might just become good friends. I need a good firearms dealer, my wife however will not like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)