PDA

View Full Version : My new year's giveaway

Jdkxtreme
01-01-2014, 11:15 AM
So I have considered selling my smoker since the first time I have used it. Well I have had some offers, Most involve a lot of travel. I went to use it today and the temp gauge is acting funny. I would like to see this thing get used by someone. It would be nice to see it at the gathering also.

All that said, I would like to donate this to someone who will use it or modify it to make it better and bring it to the gathering.
Maybe someone will help me out one day.
If you are wanting it please make sure this is not your 1st post on Fishing Tn

First come first serve, I am in Portland but can meet in Gallatin with it. I have never pulled it more than a few miles at a time.

Jdkxtreme
01-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Going to keep this bumped up for the day

Buccaneer
01-01-2014, 04:42 PM
I'll take it! I've got to work tomorrow and Friday but somehow I'm sure we can hook up over the weekend. I'm in Hendersonville.

tkwalker
01-01-2014, 06:26 PM
JD, Very generous !! .... Now you have got Brad (buccaneer) hooked for the "Gathering" .... I am Sure Jeremy can coordinate with Brad and other outdoor chiefs for a Uummmmy Bar-B-Que day !! <'TK>< :)

Jdkxtreme
01-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I'll take it! I've got to work tomorrow and Friday but somehow I'm sure we can hook up over the weekend. I'm in Hendersonville.

Sounds good to me. I will keep in touch with you.

Reel Tune
01-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Wow this made my day. Thank you Joey for your generous donation, and thanks to Brad.

Now its time to start planning a gathering or two this year...

bfish
01-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Sweet smoker, wish something could have worked out (for me), but distance was just too far. Glad someone is getting good use out of it.

agelesssone
01-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Very generous of you to do this. I hope Brad gets a lot of use out of it. I'm not a fan of smoked anything, but if it comes to the gathering, I'll bring some backstraps to put in there and some chicken or trout.

blink
01-03-2014, 11:12 AM
you are the man Joey!

Pookie
01-10-2014, 08:00 AM
If you're interested, I have a little pecan wood I just brought back from Arkansas yesterday. I have been smoking with pecan wood for 3-4 years now. It is a delicate smoke and not near as harsh as hickory, although the two are first cousins.

tkwalker
01-10-2014, 01:10 PM
If you're interested, I have a little pecan wood I just brought back from Arkansas yesterday. I have been smoking with pecan wood for 3-4 years now. It is a delicate smoke and not near as harsh as hickory, although the two are first cousins.

Pookie, If you don't mind save me a stick of the pecan ... Like you as I have gotten older the Hickory gets a little overbearing for me now ... Apple is to mild and mesquite is okay on some meats but not all ... I have never tried pecan ... Thanks <'TK>< :)

MPD816
01-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Tk, Your tongue will slap your brain after cooking with pecan.

Pookie
01-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Pookie, If you don't mind save me a stick of the pecan ... Like you as I have gotten older the Hickory gets a little overbearing for me now ... Apple is to mild and mesquite is okay on some meats but not all ... I have never tried pecan ... Thanks <'TK>< :)

I have a 6x10 trailer load full, and will have another next week when I go back. It needs to be split, and I already have a splitter lined up. Just say the word when you are ready for it.

Once you cook with pecan, you won't be able to use anything else. It is just that good.